Integral Memory PLC is a long established and fast-growing technology company founded in the UK over 30 years ago which has grown into a highly successful and financially independent international business with offices in London (Wembley), France, Holland, Spain and a reach into the US and Australia.
Integral has two divisions:Integral Memory (Memory Division) -
Memory Cards, USB Flash Drives, USB Card Readers, DRAM, SSD Hard Drives, Encrypted USB Drives, Encrypted SSD Drives and Industrial Memory solutions for a wide range of uses and applications including Computers, Mobile Phones, Cameras, Servers, Drones, Gaming Memory, Dashcams, Military, and Industrial etc.Integral LED (Lighting Division) -
Lamps, Downlights, Panels, Strips, Luminaires, and Drivers for a range of commercial, industrial, retail, hospitality and residential applications.
The Technical, Quality & Compliance Manager
position will join our Integral LED
lighting division and forms a critical part of the leadership team. As an industry frontrunner, Integral LED delivers high-quality designer LED lighting solutions leveraging 30 years experience, we understand semiconductor technology at its core. This allows us to innovate and bring cutting-edge products quickly to the market.
Integral LED have won over 10 Which? Best Buy awards for various LED products, were listed as a Top 25 UK Lighting Company by Lux Review, and were short-listed for their "Enabling Technology of the Year" & "Lighting Product of the Year" awards.
Integral encourages people to be entrepreneurial, bring their own ideas, and be pro-active in taking on responsibility. We also place strong emphasis on employee learning, development and progression within the company.Main Role:
- As Technical, Quality & Compliance Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that lighting products being placed on the market by Integral LED are of the highest Quality and full compliant with the necessary regulations in place for the UK and Europe.
- Quality Management - Responsible for the laboratory and testing of pre-delivery samples prior to them being transferred from our suppliers. This is critical part of Integral-LEDs philosophy to ensure any post sales quality related activity is minimal which is why we are a trusted supplier to our loyal customers.
- Compliance Management - Working closely with the Product Management team and other departments to ensure New Products are firstly SAFE to be considered for introduction and then secondly supporting the PM team through the product introduction process ensuring all regulatory and compliance documents are gathered to create technical documentation files as required for Market surveillance authorities. Additionally with the advent of new Eco design rules special attention needs to be given to product marking to ensure product is suitable for our UK and European business to be sold in a retail environment be it off the shelf or online.
- Manage the Testing laboratory and staff.
- Responsible for compliance of all lighting products as approved company authority to sign regulatory compliance documents.
- Using project management tools (Wrike) to manage, prioritise & process requests received by the Laboratory.
- Day to day management of all quality and compliance activities as described previously for product testing and evaluation of reports and documentation.
- Preparing and issuance of test documentation, reports and certificates.
- Carry out online and paper-based research into products and components.
- Manage timely and efficient delivery of results and reports.
- Produce routine product data derived from manufacturers' published information.
- Creation, updating and issue of forms, documents and technical files.
- Management of photometric data to ensure IES, LDT and BIM files are readily available and correct.
- Provide assistance, training and technical support to other business functions of the company regarding technical aspects of products, test reports, requirements and procedures
- Liaison with suppliers to obtain product data, test reports and relevant quality information as necessary
- Ensuring that the Lab, its equipment and records are kept in a tidy and orderly condition.
- Creation of & updating laboratory procedures.
- Awareness of current lighting technologies and laboratory equipment, testing, measurement, relevant legislation and good practice.
- Conduct internal audits and work with external auditors as required, eg LIA
- Produce routine product data derived from manufacturers' published information. To include topics such as lumen maintenance calculations, circuit breaker maximum loadings, inrush current values, etc.
- Conducting root cause fault analysis and reporting, working with suppliers to improve quality.
- Working closely with Operations team on UK LED product assembly for quality control and testing.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience with 2 years' or more experience in similar electrical compliance and quality control focused role
- LED Lighting experience preferred
- Detailed knowledge of British & EU Quality Control and Compliance standards and practices
- Strong multi-tasking and efficient time management skills
- High levels of attention to detail is critical
- Good communication, presentation & report writing skills
- Solid Project management skills
- Use of Lighting design software is preferred.
Powered by JazzHR