Over the past two decades, we have grown from a start-up to a multi-million-pound business. We are one of the UK's leading cloud and secure managed hosting providers - supplying dedicated servers, private and public cloud hosting solutions, and a full range of technical, cybersecurity, and DevOps consulting services. We're moving fast, continuously innovating and having a lot of fun in the process.
We transform our customers' businesses through robust technology, world-class solution engineering, and multi-award-winning customer service.
We design, build and support thousands of technical solutions every year for a full cross-section of the UK economy, from local businesses and charities to fast-growing eCommerce and financial services businesses, global manufacturers and retailers, local and central Government, the NHS and the Ministry of Defence - all seeking new and innovative ways of hosting their IT solutions.
Our business is built entirely around our people and our customers. We invest in our people and work hard to ensure our teams are inspired, motivated and supported. We are customer-obsessive and committed to self-development, hard work and having fun. We believe in everyone bringing their whole self to work as part of our fantastic bunch.
Our in-house training facility is widely accredited. For instance, we are the only managed service provider in the UK to be an accredited AWS training centre.
We care passionately about doing the right thing - for our customers and each other. It's important to us that UKFast is a diverse, inclusive and socially-conscious employer that contributes positively to our communities and environment. For instance, we have been Carbon neutral for many years.What is the point of this role?
The role exists to help the business to make better commercial decisions - driving revenue, reducing costs, improving profitability on both ongoing business and new projects. This role will be involved in providing insightful data, creating informative reports, managing process or ad hoc analysis to inform key decisions.
Working as a business partner the essence of the role is to produce information/analysis of a high quality which fairly reflects or challenges the views of the business. In addition, the role acts as guardian of our data quality including business data definitions and quality of our Data Warehouse.
This role will have strong exposure to key decision makers within the business including the senior leadership directors of all functions, you will be developing your relationships and influence to drive the best decisions for the business.What will I be doing?
Success in this role looks like
- Partnering to deliver management information to all areas of the business driving customer satisfaction and commercial return. Reporting must be timely and accessible
- Provision of ad hoc analytical support to all areas of the business to highlight matters that need addressing or to support project work leading to a new/revised business decision
- Evaluate ROI of investment proposals & track performance of ongoing investment projects.
- Work with internal business partners to continuously improve pricing policy that maximises product / customer profitability.
- Develop & refine product standard pricing models for Salesforce.
- Drive business input to a comprehensive annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes, focusing on customer / product revenues, gross and net margins.
- Other commercial finance ad hoc responsibilities as the business grows and develops
- High quality regular and ad hoc business reporting with key commentary and recommendations to allow the functional director to ably run their function
- Timely production of ad hoc analytical pieces to support the evaluation of a key business project or opportunity
- Regular support to forecasting and budgeting
- Contribution to problem solving and ideas brainstorming for continuous improvement