We are delighted to be supporting this organisation who has recently been awarded as outstanding by Ofsted.
Due to significant growth, we are now looking for an experienced BI and Business Systems Manager
This company operate as a Training Provider and a Social Enterprise who
offer excellent benefits which include:
• Permanent position offering a highly competitive salary from £45500-£51500
• 25 days + bank holidays+ flexible working hours between Monday-Friday
• Pension scheme, health care
• Laptop, mobile
This Training Provider offers a wide range of training services which include Apprenticeships, Careers Advice and Employability Support Programmes.
This particular role of Head of BI and Business Systems plays a key role in strengthening the organisations Business Intelligence, Analytics and Insight capability.
The role requires expertise in all aspects of BI; analytics, data management and business systems. The Head of BI and Business Systems will be responsible for managing the analysis of data to inform business decisions and identifying software solutions to meet business needs, along with overseeing the team responsible for managing the ESFA funding claims.
Summary of duties and responsibilities of the Head of BI and Business Systems
• To lead the development and coordination of management information dashboards, creating a coherent set of well-designed dashboards that provide leaders with relevant, timely, accurate, high-quality meaningful information
• Identify areas where data is missing or is inefficiently used, recommend and implement improvements to systems company-wide and help to build business-led data governance processes
• Managing a team of 6 Data and BI Staff which will include one to one's, appraisal and driving the performance of the team.
• Lead the development of reporting systems and processes which enable the effective use of data designing appropriate approaches to data management and business intelligence
• Ensuring that information is readily accessible to staff for both operational and strategic reporting purposes
• Ensure systems are appropriately integrated to reduce data anomalies and to ensure that all systems contain accurate and up to date data
• Analysing the design of technical solutions, databases and business models and presenting recommendations for improvements that provide benefits to the business operations.
• Develop effective partnership working with senior stakeholders across the business to ensure that MI/BI requirements are considered as part of strategic development and contract implementation
• Ensure all ESFA funding returns are completed accurately, on time and in line with funding rules
• Ensure team are up to date with developments in MI and BI technology to advise the business on opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the MI/BI systems and processes within the business
Skills and Experience required for the Head of BI and Business Systems
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
• Extensive experience in Business Intelligence(BI) and Management Information(MI)
• Experience in using Power BI and Azure SQL
• Proven track record in managing performance through people
• Experience developing strategic dashboards
• Experience in managing and using data to drive business decisions
• Experience of working in the Work-Based Learning and Skills sector would be highly desirable
This position is being managed by Pertemps Work-Based Learning and Skills Division.
For more information please contact Simon on 0191 3000513
Keywords: BI Manager, MI Manager, SQL Azure, Head of MI, Business Systems Manager