Do you have a strong research focused PhD background?
Passionate about 5G telecommunication systems?Senior Research Engineer
European Recruitment are working closely with a leading Wireless Communications
research focused company, based in London
, who are looking for a talented Senior Research Engineer
to join their team.
You will be joining the client's Smart Systems and Services Proof of Concept team. The core focus of the new position is to contribute to the development of innovative system ideas for beyond-5G User Equipments (UEs) by applying Service-based Architecture principles combined with smart system behaviours for an improved user experience.
In addition to the technical work, you will contribute to collaborative team efforts on national and internal level through technology demonstrations, general project reporting and scientific publications.
Responsibilities as Senior Research Engineer
- Contribution to the design of smart beyond-5G mobile telecommunication systems
- Realisation of core ideas as proof-of-concept demonstrator and integration into the team's 5G testbed
- Contribute to developing intellectual property
- Publish in top system and mobile networks conferences
- Contribute to efforts on standardising innovative ideas in bodies such as 3GPP or IETF
- 3+ years of experience in research & development (academic or industry as post-grad or post-doc)
- PhD or Master's degree in an Engineering or Computer Science discipline
- Background in executing research and development projects
- Solid 5G system architecture knowledge
- Hands-on experiences in the area of networking or applied machine learning for the telecoms sector
- Programming knowledge in either C/C++ or Python
- Solid knowledge of the IP communication stack
- Understanding of cloud concepts and SDN+NFV is of advantage
If this role is of any interest please apply directly on LinkedIn or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
Key Words: Senior / Research / Engineer / 5G / B5G / Wireless / Communications / Systems / 3GPP
By applying to this role you understand that we may collect your personal data and store and process it on our systems. For more information please see our Privacy Notice (https://eu-recruit.com/about-us/privacy-notice/)