The Head of Financial Planning is responsible for all commercial finance support and business partnering including forecasting, budgeting, decision support and long-range planning. They will also have the day-to-day leadership and management of the finance function for The London Marathon Charitable Trust.Who are we?
Here at London Marathon Events we live our values - Excellence, Inspiration, Together, Integrity and Fun. We strive to demonstrate these values in everything we do and this is reflected through our successful event portfolio - The Vitality Big Half, Vitality Westminster Mile, Vitality London 10k, Standard Chartered Great City Race and Children with Cancer UK Swim Serpentine, not to mention the Virgin Money London Marathon. These events generate millions for charities to improve the lives of individuals in our hometown of London and across the UK. As a team we very much believe in our vision of inspiring activity both with our staff and all our customers and view sport as a force for good.
Diversity, inclusion and wellbeing are at the heart of our events and we want to ensure they are at the heart of our company. So, if you're ready to be a force for good, lead change and want to make a difference to society, keep reading.Key Responsibilities of the role:
Your Personal Attributes:
- Responsible for the delivery of the annual budget, quarterly forecasts and 5 year financial plan, including P&L and cashflow
- Develop the business partnering process to build and support the financial understanding and accountability of budget holders and managers within the organisation
- Ensure that project boards are effectively supported by finance
- Support the PMO function on business case financial planning
- Support the procurement function on RFPs
- Responsible for the preparation of financial presentations to Management Board, FAC and Board of Directors
- Supporting the delivery of the LMCT annual budget and monthly reforecasting processes and improving the overall quality of financial reporting provided to the Chief Grants Officer, LMCT FAC and Trustees
- Responsible for the preparation of the LMCT monthly management accounts
- Represent finance at LMCT FAC and Trustee Meetings
- Assist with other Finance Team activities when necessary, including VAT reporting, statutory financial statements, audit, corporation tax and technical accounting queries
- Supporting members of the Finance Team ensuring their development and progression
- Undertaking other duties as required by the Finance Director
Your Education & Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, engage and earn the respect across a diverse team.
- Ability to use initiative and recognise when risks or issues require escalation.
- Confidence to ask questions in a constructive and professional manner.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to influence at a senior level; working well with both finance and non-finance professional at all levels
- High level of accountability and personal integrity.
- Ability to work within a fast changing, high demand environment and respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Efficiency and accuracy in delivery.
What do we have on offer?
- Qualified ACA, CA, ACCA or CIMA - minimum of 5 years PQE experience or qualified through experience with 10+ relevant work experience
- Strong commercial and technical accounting knowledge
- Significant experience of delivering the end to end annual planning process for a similar sized company
- Knowledge of direct and indirect tax
- Experience of
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of the operation of accounting systems
- Knowledge of charity accounting is beneficial
· Competitive salary and benefits
· An opportunity to make a difference to society
· An incredibly rewarding job
· A company that you will be proud to work for
· Flexible ways of workingThe other benefits
· 25 days holiday pro rata, plus bank holidays and a Christmas shutdown
· On site bike storage and showers on return to office working
· Wellbeing allowance
· Personal health insurance
· Excellent employer contributions into our pension scheme
· Professional membership fee reimbursement
All third party introductions will be forwarded to Agora Talent