Zencargo is the Digital Freight Forwarder with a vision of a world with smarter trade.
Our revolutionary digital platform collects and centralises crucial shipping data for end to end operations, allowing teams to get real time visibility into the progress of their shipments, and empowering Business Leaders to make better, faster and more informed decisions.The result? Strategies implemented in seconds that improve the efficiency of their supply chains, and another step towards making global trade more efficient, reducing costs and emissions along the way, making life easier for everyone involved in supply chain logistics.
Since launching the business in 2017, co-founders Alex Hersham and Richard Fattal have successfully grown the business and now work with some of Europe's fastest growing businesses. Having recently raised our Series B funding, we're in a rapid growth phase, with the team expected to grow to over 300 people across the UK, Europe, Hong Kong and the US.As a result, we're looking to grow our team even more, and are looking for outcome oriented, data driven, collaborative and innovative individuals to join us and make a huge impact in an industry that's long overdue change. If that sounds like you, then we'd love you to come on the journey with us.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with experience in Spring Boot and microservices.
You will be part of a growing engineering group, split into small cross-functional customer value teams. We are looking for collaborative and naturally inquisitive problem solvers who thrive on autonomy and want to help shape the way we work, grow and learn together.
You should enjoy tackling difficult engineering challenges and working on cutting-edge stacks and technologies. You will be joining a company that fully believes in diversity of thought and creating solutions that deliver value to our customers through gathering feedback and placing users at the heart of everything we do.ResponsibilitiesRequirements
- Help support, coach, mentor and develop your team members
- Drive continuous improvements and adoption of best practices and technologies
- Build meaningful relationships with your team and the entire business
- Work closely with our growing product org to drive incredible user experiences
- Serve as an engineering knowledge source for the rest of the software org
- Participate in planning and help make our products better
- Enjoy learning and improving and pairing with other engineers
You should have
- In-depth knowledge of Spring Boot used in live systems
- Worked extensively in Java in production
- Deep understanding and appreciation of Test-Driven Development
- Familiarity with Gitflow or Trunk based development
Would be great if you're curious about or familiar with
- MVC Web Framework (e.g. Rails, Django)
- React, TypeScript
- Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- GraphQL, Apollo, Apollo Federation
- Event Driven architectures, Event Sourcing
- Domain Driven Design, Clean Architecture
- Other backend languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, Node, Go)
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- We offer flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days and remote working. We value output over face time. You're free to work however you work best...
- £500 annual self-development budget for conferences and trainings - learning is important to us
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages.
- Fast paced environment with lots of room for creative freedom
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to change one of the biggest industries in the world
- Regular company socials
- Weekly Yoga and discounts at local gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Nursery salary saving
What to expect from the application process
- 15-30 min phone call - To find out more about you and for us to tell you about the role
- 60 min value interview - 30 mins is spent asking you behavioural questions - these are the same set of questions we would ask anyone joining, regardless of role or seniority- and 30 mins for you to ask any questions about the business
- 90 min competency interview - 20 mins are spent asking you about your experience and challenges from recent projects. The next 50 mins are spent asking you technical questions. The last 20 mins are reserved for your questions
- Get hired!
A fair chance
Every role in the Zencargo team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, you. More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope and intend) cultivates an environment of belonging. We open our doors to those who share these motivations.