About Game Analytics
From indie developers, games studios, to established publishers, GameAnalytics is currently the #1 analytics tool for anyone building a mobile game. Our network is approaching 100,000 games, which are played by more than 1 billion people each month.
What's our mission? To help game developers make the right decisions based on data. And by joining our team, you'll be working on new and innovative products to help tens of thousands of people in the industry do just that.About The Team
We're a highly collaborative and creative team of Backend Engineers focused on squeezing data and using algorithms to make the most of it. We are currently looking for a skilled Backend Engineer to design and develop data structures to support the team's needs
This is a great opportunity for Backend Engineers with interest in big data systems
As the largest games analytical firm globally, collecting ~100,000 events per second, resulting in new 700Gb of (compressed) new data per day, this role requires your skills in Big Data to unlock the potential of an exciting new product lineResponsibilities
- Design and support the creation of scalable data platform tools and solutions which are used for high volume data crunching.
- Collaborating closely with the Backend team to contribute to the product life-cycle, from idea generation and prototyping to writing production code and product support.
- Research and be the primary architect for the scalable production environments
- Taking care of software provisioning, configuration management, and application deployment
- Ability to lead team's technical decisions
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Ability to maintain and evolve existing services
- Ability to implement continuous integration, deployment, monitoring and
- Alerting using an infrastructure as code approach
- Proven experience with shipping and maintaining production-grade systems
- Ability to write high quality, readable and maintainable code.
- Knowledge or experience with big data and streaming technologies such as Spark, Hive, Kafka, BigQuery, Redshift and Hadoop is highly desirable
- Experience with some or all of our tech stack Elixir, Erlang, Python, PHP, Terraform, Docker, Ansible, Packer, Hadoop/EMR, Druid and Redis
- Experience of working with cloud technologies. Bonus points for AWS and technologies such as EC2, EMR, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3 and Kinesis
Please note that for remote roles located outside of the UK and Denmark, you will be hired under a PEO arrangement. This is to ensure that our benefits are not in violation of local employment laws.
- Remote working flexibility - or part time remote
- (When in office) Food, snacks and drink
- Entertainment Area
- 25 Days paid holiday (excluding bank holiday)
- Company sickness leave
- Parental and guardian leave
- Additional compassionate leave
- "Work-from-Anywhere" Scheme
- Learning budgets
- Monthly social nights
- Expense phone bill
- Cycle to work scheme