Art-Invest Real Estate (AIRE) is an experienced investor, developer and asset manager operating across key gateway cities in Germany, Austria and the United Kingdom. Established in 2010 and headquartered in Cologne the business operates as a private partnership with the Zech Group and the managing partners as shareholders. The group invests and manages on behalf of its proprietary capital, regulated institutional funds and select separate accounts and actively pursues a "manage to core" investment strategy across the risk spectrum. Sector focus is principally the office, retail, hotel, residential and data centres. Since 2012, the company has been licensed to operate as a regulated fund manager in accordance with German investment law (KAGB). During this period Art-Invest Real Estate Funds has successfully launched more than fifteen regulated funds for a variety of institutional investors. The group has more than EUR 7bn AuM with more than EUR 2bn invested equity for a range of institutional investors as long-term partners.
AIRE's UK group was founded in late 2018. Since inception, the business has operated as a highly focused "market maker" for pipeline and capital, targeting multi risk and sector private equity real estate investment and development opportunities in London, key UK regional markets and Dublin. Our first deal in 2019 saw us forming a strategic joint venture with ECE for the development of a £190m residential-led mixed use project in the heart of London's West End. The partnership will develop 88 luxury apartments, 35,000 sq ft of commercial space and 15 affordable housing units on a one-acre site on Cleveland Street in Fitzrovia, London W1. In 2020, we acquired the 4.5 acre Canada Water Dock site, which we are planning to develop into 1.2m sq ft commercial led masterplan. Most recently we have acquired Sackville House on Piccadilly, for one of our regulated pension funds. This is a Grade II listed building offering over 3000 sq ft of office space with potential for manage to the core refurbishment opportunity.
AIRE's UK business has achieved strong business growth since inception with a development pipeline of ca 1.5m sq ft and £1.5bn GDV across central London, with the aim of increasing that to £3bn in the next two years. We are now looking to hire a Finance Assistant to work closely with and support our Finance Manager. This role has plenty of growth potential and offers exposure to a wide range of financial and reporting responsibilities, as well as to key relevant financial processes such as book-keeping, tax, invoicing and accounting. ResponsibilitiesStrategic Accountability
· Support Finance Manager on refinancing and recapitalization processes.
· Help to build and maintain the ongoing relationship with lenders and investors.
· Cross border relationship with Germany and UK Team.Financial Management Support
· Support on Group and Investors Financial Reporting requirements
· Assist with the preparation of quarterly updates for different lenders.
· Maintain and update Financial Models on a monthly basis.
· Assist with the preparation of Management and Board Reporting requirements.Transaction/Project Support
· Supporting transaction underwriting for diverse capital sources.
· Support accounting of the transaction and operations set up.
· Lead monthly drawdown process to finance project costs.
· Prepare and maintain Cash Flow for both the management and proprietary companies.
· Liaise with back-office to support financial month and year end close, ensuring compliance with UK accounting standards (FRS and IFRS).Operations Support
· Assist with the preparation of financial statements and audit processes.
· Lead VAT quarterly and monthly returns.
· Participate in process improvements and develop efficiencies whilst ensuring strong internal control environment.
· Proactive in partnering with accountants and treasurers in Germany.
· Support key financial processes including invoicing, business expenses and banking.Skills and experience
Certified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent).
- At least three years of post-graduated experience in Financial Assistant roles.
- Experience within the real estate/property development industry ideal.
- Fluent English essential, German language skills beneficial.