StayinaPub is an e-commerce business and the UK's leading pub accommodation booking platform. The current website was launched in November 2020, providing a dedicated sales channel for pubs with rooms and delivering a seamless booking journey for customers looking for a different way to stay. http://www.stayinapub.co.uk sees an average of 50,000 user sessions per month and lists in the region of 1500 pubs with rooms.About the Role
We are looking for an experienced PR and Marketing Manager to provide maternity cover for one year. The candidate will have B2C PR, marketing, and communications experience and the skills necessary to lead on customer acquisition strategies and contribute to the growth of the business. The successful candidate will be a self-starter; needing little guidance and able to 'hit the ground running'. As part of a relatively small team (5), he or she should be willing to muck-in and assist in all aspects of the daily running of the business, such as customer service, trade queries and database updates.
This role will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of high-quality PR, marketing, and social media activities as well as managing and producing engaging content for the website and communications channels.Main tasks and responsibilitiesPR
- Continue to build and develop relationships with target journalists and media titles
- Organise press stays and promotional collaborations with bloggers, journalists, and influencers
- Produce proactive and reactive press releases and statements for both consumer and trade media
- Monitor media mentions, press coverage and articles of interest to the business
- Lead on creative brainstorming, planning and generation of content for consumer media, blogs and the website.
- Collaborate with pubs to create and promote consumer competitions across social media and e-communications.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Project manage the development and production of marketing collateral for trade and consumer media communication
- Liaise with pubs and pub groups to obtain up to date information and imagery.
- Be the key point of contact for external marketing agencies.
- Work with the SEO agency to optimise the website for search implementing recommendations as required.
- Work with the PPC/Digital Advertising agency to create effective marketing campaigns focused on brand awareness, driving website traffic, customer acquisition and engagement.
- Plan and implement social media strategy including the creation of a content calendar, producing engaging content, scheduling posts, monitoring trends and activity and sharing partner pub and industry-related content across social channels
- Create regular consumer and trade e-newsletters through HubSpot CRM, including the collation and resizing of images, template design and writing copy
- Work closely with the Head of Content to optimise all content for SEO and marketing purposes, e.g., Special Offers, News, Articles and Holiday Ideas
- Review and monitor consumer feedback on Feefo and report on issues
- Manage pub special offers on the website and promote via social media and e-marketing channels.
Experience and Skills
- Weekly updates to the executive team on social media insights, google analytics, key search terms, domain authority metrics and marketing campaign results.
- Monthly reporting on agreed KPIs
- Ongoing monitoring and recording of consumer enquiries and booking issues
- Ongoing monitoring of press and marketing related enquiries in shared company inboxes
- Assist with any other general enquires received via phone or email as required
Additional Information CONTRACT TYPE:
- A track record of successfully delivering B2C marketing campaigns from start to finish, including development of creative ideas through to implementation and measurement of success
- Experienced in using Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter social media channels for B2C marketing and comfortable using software to manage multiple posts across networks, for example Hootsuite, Sprout or similar.
- Experience in using a website CMS, preferably WordPress
- Familiar with using customer databases, email platforms and /or a CRM system, for example HubSpot
- Highly organised and able to prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Strong project management skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience in e-commerce within the Leisure, Hospitality or Tourism sectors would be ideal but not required
Full Time (37.5hrs p.w.), One Year Maternity Cover.REPORTING TO:
: £24-27k depending on experience and working arrangementsHOLIDAY:
23 days plus public holidaysBENEFITS:
Contributory pension scheme; 20% discount on pub stays booked through our website LOCATION:
Our offices in Nayland, Colchester (CO6 4LT) with some flexibility for homeworking with prior agreement