An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client (the powerhouse behind brands such as Walls, Persil, Magnum and Knorr) as a Global Procurement Assistant Manager to be based in Port Sunlight , Wirral (to commence working from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted). This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months to start ASAP, paying up-to £45,855k pro rata, per annum depending on experience.Job Purpose
This role is responsible for leading the global procurement agenda for assigned sub-portfolios under the Workplace Services umbrella, while remaining flexible to assignments in MBS Procurement outside the core remit. You will be leading projects and programmes independently under supervision of the global Procurement Manager Facilities or assisting the global Procurement Manager Management on key strategic programmes.Key Accountabilities
- Develop and implement global sourcing and supplier strategies for the assigned procurement portfolios/sub-portfolios that deliver best value to the UL business.
- Identify and assess potential suppliers, prepare and manage supplier selections and finalise commercial agreements, coordinating with budget holders and support functions such as Legal, Tax and Data Privacy effectively and efficiently.
- Establish successful Ways of Working between stakeholders and Procurement
- Build and maintain strong and successful working relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and user communities across UL business.
- Take ownership on and lead projects to deliver the One MBS agenda across key value pillars such as Sourcing Excellence, Partnerships with Purpose, Preferred Supplier governance, Contract Life-cycle Management, Responsible Sourcing, savings, cash, Social Commitments.
- Build and maintain market knowledge of trends and suppliers in assigned categories of spend.
- To manage the assigned Portfolio in terms of sourcing, contracting, stakeholder and supplier partner management activities on a day-to-day basis
- To execute innovative strategic sourcing processes and focus on delivering best value to the UL business.
- To build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders and user communities across UL business.
- To establish, build and maintain successful relationships with key suppliers.
- To take ownership on and lead projects to deliver the One MBS agenda a part of the portfolio across the key areas of Partnership with Purpose, RSP, Sustainability, CLM, Savings, Cash, People well-being, etc
- Previous experience in a procurement role in a large complex organisation
- A proven commercial negotiator and good communicator
- Track record of building relationships in a complex field of stakeholders and suppliers, across diverse functional groups and geographic locations.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (Vlookup, pivot tables), MS Powerpoint and data analytics (PowerBI navigation)
- Stakeholder management & influencing, able to build rapport with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively in English language.
- Strong analytical skills and to be able to present key findings in a crisp way.
- Project management, time management & prioritization
- Self-starter, able to work independently and virtually.
- Enjoy working in an always changing, fast paced, performance-oriented environment
- Ability to find market intelligence and merge with data analysis to set Portfolio and negotiation strategies
- Influencing skills to challenge and promote ideas and concepts with stakeholders as a trusted adviser
- Understand supplier cost models and lifetime cost of acquisition
- Negotiation abilities to develop value-add situations with key suppliers
- Innovative thinking to measure and promote supplier performance improvement
- Curiosity for new technology to provide cost reducing or value creating support
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Studying for/achieved relevant procurement certifications
- Experienced in setting up and managing supplier contracts, preferably in indirects
- Track record of delivering to challenging value delivery targets
- Experience in working successfully in virtual team environments
- Working knowledge of creating category and negotiation strategies
- Managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- Managing complex and dynamic workload, running multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of UL business systems