A brief overview of the role
As Pricing Manager, you will lead the analysis, model building, pricing development and operational pricing implementation for the insurance products we have designed exclusively for independent workers.
Pricing is a critical part of our profitable growth strategy and contributes to the success of Collective (and our capacity providers) by delivering pricing models, tools and capabilities that ensure we meet our revenue and profitability targets.
By doing so, you will be part of a team that is disrupting traditional financial services and building the safety net for independent workers
Three reasons this role is great
What will you do?
- You will join a super-smart and motivated team, and have the autonomy, technology and resources you need to deliver industry leading pricing capabilities.
- You will be empowered to make your mark in the insurance industry and learn and grow quickly! We have big ambitions, move at a fast pace, and work with the full support of startup founders and senior insurance leaders who have done this before.
- You'll be an essential part of an insurtech that's transforming insurance for good. You'll make a difference - we're building a business that provides the protections that independent workers badly need.
The mission of the Pricing Manager is to build market leading pricing capabilities and manage their implementation to ensure we successfully meet the unique needs of our clients. Initially focussed on A&H and Liability products in Europe, you will define and manage the pricing models, collaborate with our capacity providers and implement the processes and data capabilities that will deliver Collective's overall strategic plans. You will create exciting new pricing models - both standardised / 'engine' priced models built into our systems as well as larger, non-standard case-priced deals across the EU.
Reporting to the Chief Underwriting Officer, you will be part of the planning and overall management of the business as we scale up across EMEA and Global markets.Key priorities
Key metrics you will drive
- Development, implementation and management of innovative pricing models for the on-demand / gig economy
- Daily operational support of pricing activities
- Pricing new insurance products and new markets
- Pricing bespoke deals for large clients
- Ensuring accurate, consistent detailed pricing data to manage the portfolio
- Portfolio Target Loss Ratio
- Top quartile market competitive position
- Pricing Service levels to internal team
We are an innovative startup and we are continuously looking for ways to improve and build on our existing pricing capabilities and you will play a key role in using your pricing expertise to help improve our existing processes and build new pricing tools.
You should join us if
- Lead and carry out technical pricing work including implementation of innovative market leading pricing models, including their continual refinement and improvement and measurement of price elasticity.
- Support the development and implementation of new deals or products
- Analyse claims and loss trends impacting business results and follow action plans to improve or maintain performance. Make appropriate improvements to the pricing basis to achieve planned loss ratios.
- Make improvements to the pricing tools and processes and assist with their implementation.
- Improve the quality of internal data and liaise with external data providers as required for data enhancements
- Build and manage relationships with pricing teams of capacity providers, including leading reporting requirements.
- Lead data analysis and financial modelling to assess and analyse pricing, features and distribution model of financial products.
- Work closely with Product Management, Sales, Operations, Underwriting and Portfolio teams to continually enhance our innovative products.
- Collating / validating datasets provided by work platforms, producing pricing models suitable for submitting to our partner insurers, and liaising closely with them all the way to ultimate approval to bind.
- Continuously test, learn and iterate on our pricing strategy by testing new frameworks and models
Additional Beneficial Experience Includes
- You are self-starting, proactive, creative and technically brilliant. Willing to work fast and make commercial considerations that come with working at a VC-backed start-up, with a strong desire to build something new that will scale at an exponential rate for years to come.
- You are keen to exercise both your creative and commercial brain to achieve bold growth ambitions.
- You have good knowledge of experience predictive modelling techniques including GLM (machine learning techniques would be a plus).
- You have strong quantitative / analytical skills, comfortable with making assumptions and working with small and sometimes messy datasets, but able to maintain rigour and think analytically to produce pricing models effectively.
- 5+ years of insurance pricing experience, preferably with a large proportion in Accident and Healthcare insurance (commercial or personal lines).
- International market experience (eg. France, Netherlands, Italy, Nordics)
- You have strong Excel skills, and have used them to conduct traditional pricing analyses . SQL is beneficial, and proficiency with other languages for analysing larger datasets (R, Python) is welcomed, as is an interest in Data Science
- You have strong communication skills, working with a variety of different levels of seniority and teams including underwriters, developers, sales and operations, and have experience in presenting and justifying your work to peer-review.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Highly numerate
- Advanced user of MS Excel and Powerpoint.