Motorway is the UK's fastest-growing used car marketplace. We're disrupting a decades old industry by helping private car owners sell their car for the best possible price through an online platform of car dealers.
Our innovative, online, product-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 200 across 3 locations.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up, build amazing products, and change an industry.
At Motorway, we are seeking an AR Assistant to manage collection and reporting of revenues earned in an exciting period of growth. This role will require overseeing billing operations and processes in order to ensure collection of account balances.
- Create and maintain Customer accounts in Xero
- Raise Sales invoices and Credit notes
- Generate Customer statements
- Credit control
- Liaise with the Sales team to chase outstanding debtors
- Point of contact for dealerships
- Post daily cash receipts
- Reconcile daily cash receipts to Sales ledger
- Reconciling Customer Accounts
- Investigate Customer invoice queries
- Assist in reconciling sales invoices to internal records
- Other administrative duties and ad hoc responsibilities as required
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Able to communicate with stakeholders
- High attention to detail
- Able to work to deadlines
- Ability to work within a team and use own initiative
- A competitive salary.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- £350 annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully remote for a month per year.
- Top spec MacBook Pro and peripherals.
- Regular social events.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.