Kuda is a full-service, digital-only bank with a mission to make banking more accessible, affordable and rewarding for every African on the planet.
Founded in 2019, Kuda provides full banking services through its suite of apps for Android phones, iPhones and the web, allowing everyday Africans with internet access to operate a spending account, access instant credit, save money automatically and earn annual interest without the burden of traditional bank charges such as card maintenance fees, account maintenance fees and excessive transfer fees
Kuda has offices in London, Cape Town and Lagos, Nigeria - where it currently operates as Kuda Microfinance Bank under license from the Central Bank of Nigeria.About The Role
Post the recent hiring of a Group Chief Financial Officer in London, Kuda is establishing a group finance function to drive and build financial infrastructure to support a business scaling rapidly and operating in the financial services sector.
Kuda is looking for an ambitious Financial Controller/Accountant to work with the Group CFO to build and oversee the key accounting functions
A combination of Kuda's strategic ambition and Finance's unique position of having visibility to all activities across the group, requires Kuda's finance function to be at the leading age. From being able to close the books at any point to dynamic forecasting, Kuda is building a finance team to push the boundaries of what is possible.
This role will play a critical part in the shaping of the finance function and integrating a robust financial culture within the business.What You Will Be Doing
Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Overseeing and governing the preparation of consolidated financial statements and management accounts
- Develop Group accounting policies
- Establish, implement and document accounting processes in order to scale more efficiently and effectively
- Be day to day contact for external audit process;
- Work with Group CFO to develop tax strategy for group
- Work with external tax advisers to obtain advice on tax structuring and other tax issues
- Ensure group wide compliance with tax requirements of jurisdictions Kuda operates in
- Identify and lead implementation of General Ledger and associated Financial Systems
- Develop, measure, and maintain key financial metrics
- Work closely with Data and Decision and Commercial Finance teams to ensure finance information is real time and available to key people within the company
- Oversight and operational management of Kudas operational bank accounts
- Management of cash flow forecasting across the group
- Day to day contact with relationship banks
RequirementsWHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE
- Liaising and working with team members across Kuda's global footprint and teams
- Identify and suggest operational best practices in the area of finance
- Positive attitude 'Can do' approach
- Able to operate with 'start up agility' and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects;
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Extraordinary drive, initiative-taking and attention to detail;
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Excellent organisation skills ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective;
- BA/MBA in Accounting or Finance or relevant field; Chartered, ACCA, CPA/CFA qualification or FCA Certification with proven experience of applying IFRS in a banking environment;
- The ability to "say it with charts" exceptional skill at financial modeling, and creating presentations for senior management and to aid Board decision-making
- Strong technical skills to understand and design the financial system infrastructure;
- A deep understanding of a bank's balance sheet, key regulatory ratios, accounting of securities portfolios, loans and hedge accounting principles is considered an advantage.
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to;
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Career Development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work life balance and offer a remote working option for certain roles.