Job Type: Permanent
Location: Home based, West Midlands
Our client are an innovative supplier of products and services to the automotive industry, specialising in new mobility and aftersales solutions.
With operations in the UK, USA, India and China are specialist team design, develop and deliver a wide range of products to a global network of automotive customers.
Our client are seeking an energetic and professional individual to join their dynamic and fast-growing business.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the project management team and will be responsible for managing the successful delivery of software, technical information and engineering projects to a global customer base.
· Liaise with customers to define project requirements, project deliverables and project scope.
· Support the creation of project proposals (technical and commercial).
· Work with engineering teams to generate realistic and achievable project plans.
· Identify project risks and implement corrective actions where necessary.
· Manage and coordinate project tasks, track progress, monitor engineering burn and escalate deviation from plan.
· Motivate and drive internal project teams.
· Provide regular progress updates to the management team.
· Act as the primary interface to customers and regularly communicate project status to participants and project stakeholders.
· Ensure projects are carefully planned, monitored, tracked and delivered according to best practice, agreed processes and company guidelines.
· Proven experience in a project management role (minimum of three years).
· Experience managing customers and customer relationships (technically and commercially).
· Instinctive problem-solving skills coupled with a sound analytical approach.
· Excellent planning, preparation and implementation skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Self-motivated with a determination to overcome and succeed.
· Ability to work under pressure while managing conflicting demands against tight deadlines.
· Proven leadership and people management skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· UK driving license and ability to travel.
Desirable Skills & Experience
· Automotive experience with knowledge of vehicle maintenance, service and repair processes.
· Appreciation for vehicle electrical systems, on-board vehicle communications and off-board diagnostics.
· Experience of managing software and or engineering projects.
· Professionally qualified in an appropriate discipline.