We are recruiting for a Management Accountant to join our international law firm client on a permanent basis.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for the production of monthly management accounts for the UK and Ireland and for consolidating results for the UK, Ireland and Middle East regions.
The Management Accountant will also be assisting in the preparation of budgets and forecasts for the UK and Ireland, and consolidating budgets and forecasts for the UK, Ireland & Middle East regions.
- Production of UK and Ireland management accounts and consolidated UK, Ireland & Middle East management accounts in excel using data from Elite
- Production of the Executive Leadership Team report which includes the management accounts and other relevant client and performance data
- Preparation of WIP and Debtor Days data
- Preparation and posting of monthly journals into Elite for accruals and prepayments
- Assisting with the annual budget process including meeting with Business Services heads to discuss budgets, production of UK and consolidated budget management accounts including reconciliations and production of slides and graphs and analysis for the Executive Leadership Team
- Responsible for coordinating the quarterly and annual submission of data for the PwC and other legal surveys
- Preparing the monthly bank packs and sending relevant financial information on a monthly and quarterly basis
- General Ledger maintenance including opening and closing of GL codes
- Ad hoc queries from CFO, Practice Managers and other areas of the business
- Work with less experienced members of the team and assist with their queries
- Working with senior management accountant in roll out of new FP&A tool and ERP system
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Excellent Excel skills (including charts and pivot tables)
- Knowledge of Elite would be an advantage
- Sound working knowledge of databases and Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
- Can clearly explain problems and issues to others and contribute to their resolution
- Able to prioritise and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to interact positively at all levels and a good team player
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer facing skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Can demonstrate confidence and resilience to overcome obstacles to deliver what is required
- Can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive, while also being able to follow instructions and provide support to the Management Accounts team
- Experience of dealing with partners and senior management
- Experience of working in a law firm or a professional services environment
- Hardworking and enthusiastic approach to work; professional in outlook, attitude and appearance
- Basic knowledge of Solicitors' Accounts Rules, and VAT
- Proactive with a "can-do" attitude in all areas, with a strong sense of self-motivation.
- Understands the need for documentation and well-defined procedures
If this role is of interest to you, please do apply.