Lead Mechanical Engineer
Greenergy International own and operate a number of facilities within the UK and Abroad. To provide effective management of capital investment and upgrades within these facilities a central engineering team has been developed to provide professional services pertaining to the conception, design, construction and operation of development opportunities. The team contains differing roles outlined within their own job descriptions; this document has been written to outline the role and responsibilities of the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
This role includes but is not limited to the following activities:
- Create and manage written schemes of examination for piping systems and above ground storage tanks.
- Manage and oversee inspection programs including any subsequent repairs
- Undertake mothballing/removal from service of redundant assets
- Manage mechanical system designs as required dependent on size and complexity in house or with third party contracts
- Construction management of projects as required
- Preparation or review of mechanical scope of works for tendering
- Review mechanical submissions from third party companies ensuring best price and schedule to match project requirements
- Prepare, implement, and manage mechanical standards in line with current and upcoming legislation
- Provide technical/engineering assistance to terminal teams as directed by the Greenergy Group Technical manager
- Assist in business development activities as required
- Develop and manage an ageing asset management plan for all UK terminals
- System commissioning assistance
- Assistance on mechanical related audits
At all times within this role you are responsible for the delivery and management of the professional services pertaining to the activities outlined above. Other areas of responsibility are outlined, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure all project works are carried out within the Greenergy Corporate Framework
- Assist in the continued development and management of corporate project and engineering systems and standards
- Maintain a sound knowledge of legislative standards pertaining to your discipline
- Maintain a sound knowledge of Greenergy departments and their systems, such as accounts and legal etc.
- Work and act in a professional manner in keeping with the Greenergy Respect Agenda and all other company standards and procedures
- Identifying and communicating any training requirements to ensure continued level of expertise in your field
- Identify and communicate possible development opportunities both personally and for the team to ensure continued or improved levels of service to Greenergy International and the terminal
Within this role you will report directly to the Greenergy Group Technical Manager.
While the above highlights all key areas in relation to best business practice, we would point out that any other reasonable request made with regard to your role would also be carried out with due diligence.
· Educated to Bachelor's Degree level in Mechanical Engineering
· Experience within the oil and gas industry
· Demonstrable knowledge/experience of asset integrity management requirements for process plant and ageing assets
· Knowledge of EEMUA 159, PSSR, ASME B31.3, WSE's, NDT inspection methods
· Experience working on COMAH sites
· Be prepared to travel to different terminals throughout the UK as required
People are key to our continuing success; we work hard to reward, develop and retain staff. We offer a competitive salary, career progression opportunities, along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day after 5 years' service for every full year up to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, Worldwide Travel Insurance, Life Insurance
- Company Pension
- Eye Care Vouchers, Flu Jabs, Ride to Work Scheme
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
Greenergy are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a global company. Employment at Greenergy is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.