Expleo are recruiting on behalf of a major vehicle OEM based in Bedfordshire. If you are a methodical and analytical vehicle technician, I'd like to hear from you.
This contract role involves preparing, building and maintenance of vehicles or components for testing. Upon completion of testing you will need to evaluate and identify any concerns, recording them accurately and presenting the findings accordingly.
• Conducting static and dynamic evaluations of various vehicles
• Support digital evaluation of products using be-spoke computer packages
• Liaise with Test and Design engineers to conduct tests to desired standards and operating procedures
• Assemble / dis-assemble parts, components or vehicles for static and dynamic test activities
• Maintenance of Test Vehicle Fleet to include safety check, retrofit, fault finding and repair
• Instrumentation set-up
• Report writing
You will have the following background and experience:
• C&G / IMI / NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical or Automotive engineering with a recognised apprenticeship, or similar
• Good understanding of vehicle architecture
• Vehicle system knowledge with the ability to fault find
• Basic Computer literacy
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Fully proficient in fundamental practical Mechanical / Electrical skills
• Competent in the use of Excel and producing graphs
• Knowledge of Word and PowerPoint for report writing and presentation preparation
• Ability to work independently to manage and prioritise own workload
• Experience within a vehicle or component test environment and an understanding of basic component measurement techniques is preferred but not essential
To meet with current legislation, right to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates are eligible to work within the UK. We are unable to support candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK.
If you are interested in applying for the Vehicle Technician position, please contact Jacquie Linton