Senior Data Centre Assurance Manager
Data Centre (DC) Assurance Manager required to establish lifecycle controls, identify performance metrics, establish capacity boundaries and define a set of compliance standards for our UK datacentres underpinning mission critical services to our patients and customers.
• Liaise with and manage the relationship with our Facilities Management teams to deliver world class services in our UK data centres
• Define the Key Performance Indicators for an on premise Hosting service that can be used to measure performance, capacity , lifecycle and capacity and pave the way for future strategies
• Develop financial model to cover the investment and operational spend for the next three years then champion those requirements to key stakeholders
• Recruit a DC Assurance Analyst and mentor them to then form close working bonds with vendors across the IT support spectrum to help maintain availability performances that other companies are envious of
• Deliver clear standards and set expectations to ensure the on premise DC performance is exemplary
A bit about you...
• Proven experience of working across the technology stack to deliver DC services seamlessly
• Awareness of Power and cooling requirements in a DC plus best practices
• High levels of Pragmatism to work with the tools and vendors we have and strive to improve
• Knowledge of DC standards, tiering and the governing bodies standards
• Willingness to travel to and from our DC locations in the UK (Nottingham, Chessington, Newark, Slough)
A bit about us...
IT is at the centre of what we do.
This is retail IT for the real world, you're so close to your customers in all ways - in store, online and internally.
You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference - from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our IT team - if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there's no better place to do it.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and more.
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues' needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference - click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org