A career opportunity at Potts Print (UK) is an opportunity to learn from, work with, and grow professionally among people who are leaders in their fields. We are always looking for creative, bright, hard-working individuals to join the Potts team!
We are currently looking for an IT Specialist to join our Technical Services Division.
Applicants must have outstanding organisational skills and the ability to manage and facilitate multiple projects. The role requires previous IT support experience covering all aspects of a Windows environment, with the additional skills of Python development, Crystal Reporting and SQL.
Prior experience with VMWare is preferred.
Daily duties will include:
• Receiving, troubleshooting and resolving internal client support cases.
• Repairing/replacing/correcting any failed equipment.
• Liaising and working with other members of the Technical Services team.
• Communicating with all team members (from all divisions) providing advice and/or solutions where necessary to maintain business activity.
• Understanding IT requirements for the business, improving and/or modifying to improve efficiencies.
• Using Microsoft Office applications to a high level.
• Using Crystal Reporting software to create reports from SQL.
• Monitoring VMWare infrastructure.
• Monitoring backups.
• Maintaining and modifying existing Python programs, whilst developing new ones in order to improve efficiencies and automate processes.
• Ensuring that IT support tickets are resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
• Problem solving when faced with unexpected delays or situations.
• Being able to manage multiple jobs and tasks simultaneously and be able to adjust immediately to changing priorities.
• Working knowledge of IT support
• Previous experience with Windows Server OS and VMWare
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office packages
• IT literate (Windows) - (Linux and MacOS would be a bonus)
• Knowledge of Crystal Reporting Software
• Experience with SQL
• Cyber security knowledge
• Python programming skills
• Tharstern MIS knowledge preferable
• Networking skills
• Willingness to learn will be essential for this role
Mon-Fri - 40hours
Competitive Salary - based upon experience.