Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, Garrison has raised more than $50m to date from London investors including Dawn Capital, IP Group, NM Capital and BGF. Garrison's strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
Garrison is working to build the future of cyber security and is already deploying at scale in both the government and commercial space. Our existing customers are large organisations averaging over 50,000 employees each, across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.Our working culture
We are an exciting start-up with ground-breaking technology; a very serious mission to solve real world problems, but with a positive and highly inclusive atmosphere, and an excellent work/life balance!
At Garrison we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we're focused on continuously improving equality for the benefit of our employees, products and community. We recruit, develop and retain talent purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take every possible step to ensure that every person employed or seeking employment with us receives fair treatment. No-one shall be disadvantaged on the grounds of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, neurodiversity, social background, physical ability, illness or otherwise.
Our employee benefits package is as follows:
Overview of the Role
- Flexible working hours and regular working from home
- 25 days holiday allowance per year (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days)
- Company pension scheme of 8% base salary (depending on employee minimum contribution)
- Personal annual training budget
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share option scheme
- Perkbox discounts and freebies - free coffee, free cinema tickets, and lots more
- Bike to work scheme and an interest-free season ticket loans
- Regular socials - games nights, open air cinema, quiz nights and company picnic are all recent!
FPGAs are at the heart of Garrison's unique hardware-based security products, providing the core cybersecurity features that protect our customers. Our FPGAs also integrate 100s of embedded SoCs into systems with 1000s of processing cores.
As a Firmware Engineer at Garrison, you'll contribute to developing dozens of unique FPGA designs across several different product lines. You'll work with a range of technologies, and your code will be helping to secure some of the world's largest enterprise and government organisations.Key Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Taking new designs through the full engineering lifecycle for FPGA firmware development (design, implementation, test, integration, and support).
- Adding new functionality to existing designs.
- Contributing to the evolution of Garrison engineering methods, processes and culture.
You'll be perfect for the role if you have the following experience/skills:
- Strong commercial experience of developing firmware for FPGAs.
- Demonstrable skills in mentoring/coaching other Engineers with less professional experience.
- Collaborative approach with excellent interpersonal skills, able to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
It would be super useful if you are familiar with:
- RTL FPGA development in VHDL.
- Verification using:
- VHDL, SystemVerilog and/or Python
- Transaction-level models
- Network packet processing and network protocols (ethernet, IP, UDP, TCP ...)
- Signal processing in FPGAs.
- Cryptographic algorithms, implementations and applications in FPGAs.
- Developing security-enforcing functionality in FPGAs.
- Interfacing FPGAs to CPUs.
- Linux driver development.
- Implementing/exploiting continuous integration.
- Managing/undertaking development using agile techniques.
- Programming in Python and C/C++.
- Scripting in Python, Bash and TCL.
And as an employee we'd be delighted if you have:
- Self-motivation; you enjoy technical challenges and delivering results.
- Flexibility and adaptability and can cope when thrown in at the deep end.
- Recognition of the importance of planning, prioritisation and getting work done on schedule.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.