Director / Private Equity & Infrastructure Fund-of-Funds Investment Professional
The Alternative Investment Team of a major institutional investor is seeking a primary private equity and infrastructure fund-of-funds investment professional (LP investor) who will take an active part in the screening, evaluating, and monitoring European private funds. The focus will be on reviewing new investment opportunities across the risk spectrum and on reporting information about the existing European portfolio on behalf of internal fund-of-funds. This position will be based in their London office.Main Duties/Responsibilities:
- Screen and review investment opportunities in the European private equity and infrastructure fund universe based on the Strategic Investment Plan
- Attend meetings with General Partners (fund managers) and collect information about their strategy and investments
- Participate in due diligence of potential investments through on-site and/or virtual due diligence sessions. Evaluate and assess a variety of risks throughout the process.
- Present investment opportunities to the Global Investment Committee through oral and written presentations
- Build and maintain databases of fund and market information to inform analysis and investment recommendations
- Track the activity and performance of existing funds and their underlying portfolio companies to assess whether the managers are on track to achieve their investment target
- Attend annual general meetings / advisory board meetings
- Liaise with existing managers to aggregate fund data and produce internal quarterly reporting
- Conduct private equity market research to help determine attractive geographies and sectors
- 7+ years of experience in European private equity / infrastructure investment with a good understanding of investment strategies, risks and drivers, ideally with a few years' experience in primary fund investment specifically fund manager selection
- Strong academic background in finance, economics, or related field with advanced studies
- Excellent command of MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), with advanced Excel and financial modeling skills
- Outstanding analytical, written and verbal communication skills; a second European language is a plus
- Detail oriented, pro-active, and able to excel in a highly collaborative global team
- A flexible team player able to adapt to change
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally subject to various Covid-19 travel restrictions
Candidates need to be able to work in the UK without restrictions (No UK work permit shall be provided by the company.)
Due to a large volume of applications, we are sorry that we cannot respond to every application.
We will contact a limited number of applicants who may be introduced to the hiring company.