Finance Programme Manager - FTC 12 Months Contract
The Finance Programme Manager is responsible for the organisation, planning and E2E delivery of complex change projects within the global finance team, either as standalone initiatives or as workstreams within a broader programme. This role will typically lead one or more significant change projects in parallel, driving delivery of the Apex Group's broad and ambitious strategic change agenda at pace, whilst maintaining effective governance and control.
The scope of projects will vary widely, depending on both strategic group change pipeline and individual candidate experience, and is likely to include:
- Integration of external M&A acquisitions onto the finance platform
- Deployment of and migration to new technology solutions for financial reporting and control
- Liaison with internal teams and external vendors
- Regular reporting to senior stakeholders and steering committees
- Help drive automation / E2E process optimization.
The successful candidate will have a proven track-record of successfully leading both complex change delivery projects and leading project teams through all phases of the E2E project lifecycle in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Although not strictly necessary, a good understanding of the principles of accounting and financial control would be of benefit.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Project / Programme Management
- Partner with senior business leaders to define and agree delivery scope, requirements and key success criteria for change
- Mobilize project delivery organization - establish governance framework and workstream structure, define roles, secure stakeholder buy-in and resource commitment
- Lead development of detailed project delivery plans, ensuring full scope coverage
- Drive delivery against project plans - monitor project progress, proactively identify, analyse and resolve issues/ dependencies, ensuring knowledge sharing across jurisdictions and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain key project / change governance artefacts - including project plans, RAIDs logs, change logs, resource plans, test plans and cost tracking
- Ensure projects are implemented to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget
- Champion change awareness and change readiness amongst impacted business teams and stakeholder group
- Report project status to key stakeholders, escalating risks and issues on a timely basis.
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience leading complex projects and smaller-scale programmes
- Proven, in-depth experience of change management disciplines and methodologies, such as Prince II, Six Sigma, Agile, PMP.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- High energy, inquisitive and engaged
- Self-motivated, proactive, resilient and resourceful
- Proven leadership skills - organising, motivating and leading diverse and distributed teams
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, both verbal and written in English
- Confident and credible partnering with stakeholders and sponsors to MD level and driving broader business engagement in change.
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our CSR policy page.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary expectations).