full time position supporting CEO and working across departmentsReporting to
: CEO Management responsibilities
: no direct reports.Salary
: £25K - £35K subject to experience. Location:
Office-based in Shoreditch with occasional travel for meetings; part-time home-working possible after a period of settling in. The role
We estimate the role will be roughly 50% bookkeeping duties on average, increasing towards the end of each month. The bulk of the position will be PA-type work, detailed later.
You will have 2 years minimum experience as a bookkeeper, ideally either (i) in a larger organisation where the systems are well-defined or (ii) in a small organisation where you helped define the system and had a varied role. You will bring this experience to our processes and work with our CEO, accountants and our virtual bookkeeper to make suggestions for better in-house processes.
Our financial systems currently take up 10-20% of our CEO's time and the time you save him will be applied to more client-facing tasks. We have a super virtual PA who works with us for a few days a month and you will bring her tasks in-house too.
We're looking for someone who is intelligent, articulate, well-organised and diligent. As you master the financial sides to the role you will take on broader tasks, so a broad range of skills will help. You must be able to build strong relationships with our network of contacts and the team. Excellent written communication and organisational skills are fundamental to the role.
Our mission is simple: to live in painted cities. We hope that resonates with you. SKILLS
- Thorough working knowledge of both XERO and Excel.
- Good understanding of VAT rules and requirements.
- Works in a timely manner in producing reports and submitting returns.
- Process-driven - must be able to record processes, follow and refine them, and ensure others are following them accordingly.
- Courteous, polite, personable and discrete where necessary.
- Advise on best practice for our financial procedures and work with team to implement them
- Monthly entry of company receipts into Xero (familiarity with Receiptbank also)
- Timely monthly financial reporting - based on Xero reports
- Chasing up of overdue receivables on a timely basis
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns based on monthly returns and working with our accountants to ensure they are submitted in a timely way.
- Monthly staff expense reports (Phil, Lee, others)
- Payment of suppliers (daily bank run) and associated admin.
- Deal directly with team members, clients and suppliers to ensure we have the correct paperwork.
- Research, analyse and present material clearly and concisely,
- Ask questions to ensure you learn about the business quickly.
- Good knowledge of Word and PowerPoint,
- Native English speaker (or fully bilingual at the least) with excellent written English.
- Ability to track inquiries (in email inbox, in task management software) to know when to follow-up with clients
- Speed and quality of email responses is a top priority- customer service is of major importance,
- Effective phone manner,
- Attention to detail to ensure outgoing communications are well-written and without errors,
- You have excellent interpersonal skills,
- You are honest and reliable,
- You show discretion and have an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- You can cope with pressure, tight deadlines and having a lot to do,
- Contribute to documents, pitch decks (typically in PowerPoint),
- Active participation in calls/meetings (will include leading inquiries and note-taking),
- Knowledge/use of Adobe Suite programs is a bonus.
Desirable qualities and skills:
- Experience and a passion for street art is ideal, but not essential,
- Experience in Out of Home media is ideal but not essential,
- A healthy network of contacts in industries relevant to ours is a bonus.