We are now looking for an experienced programmer to join our growing organisation, to help proactively mould our current projects and drive forward creative ideas on our unannounced super-secret project. You will be a world-class Programmer with a can-do attitude who is self-motivated with the drive and ambition to become a strong team player.
If you're looking for an opportunity to own, define and develop our new and exciting IP. we want you to apply. We would love for you to become an integral part of our internal development team who have over 100 years of experience working on a variety of games for PC and console including Switch, PS5 and Xbox Series X.
You Will: (Key Duties & Responsibilities)
- Be directly responsible for delivering core modules within a new exciting project.
- Take the lead on pushing forward your sections of the game to be the best they can be.
- Support the code, art, QA and design teams in making the best game possible.
- Have input into all aspects of code design and best practices going forward.
- Influence and be part of the DNA of the company.
- Work alongside a fabulous team of warm, friendly and extremely talented colleagues.
- Reporting to the Head of Technology with opportunities to advance in the future.
You Will Need: (Essential Skills & Experience)
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Good Maths and 3D programming skills
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates game development skills
- An excellent attitude, positive mindset, and a proactive work ethic.
- Knowledge and love of video games
Desirable Skills & Experience: (Skills & Experience)
What we offer you
- Proven commercial experience within the computer games industry
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Software Engineering, Computer Science or
- Experience with continuous integration/build systems.
- Experience with web services; for example, AWS or Azure services.
- Flexible working hours, with a strong emphasis on work/life balance
- Competitive industry salary, pension and 25 days holidays rising to 30 after 5 years
- Extra Holidays - A Day off on your Birthday plus extra time off in the summer and around Christmas.
- Modern and spacious air-conditioned studio with flexible working hours for everybody, around our core team hours of 10 am-3 pm (Government guidelines permitting).
- Paid overtime on the odd occasion we need to work any extra hours.
- Regular social events - Launch parties, summer events, Christmas meal and more throughout the year. (Government guidelines permitting).
- Regular charity events - We encourage our colleagues to work with charities to promote
- inclusivity, diversity and to make a positive impact on our local and national communities and we offer paid leave to anyone wishing to do this.
- Expenses-paid trips to key industry events. Gamescom, Develop, GDC, Unreal Fest, and many more
- Private kitchen with a well-stocked fridge and fruit bowl - plus the finest teas and fresh ground coffee in all the land
This role is a permanent position based at our studio in Liverpool, in the games development hub of Elevator Studios in the heart of the Baltic Triangle. We are one of the most flexible and friendly studios on the planet. We work sensible hours, we get results, we have a lot of fun, and we create a positive impact on the industry.
We place a huge focus on our culture and our people, and maintaining a healthy balance of work and life is important to us, as is diversity and inclusivity.
Ripstone is proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and we wholeheartedly welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons of any gender, race, ability, religion, beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or anything else that makes you who you are! Your enthusiasm, attitude and qualifications for the job are all that matter to us. This is an important appointment for us and an exciting opportunity for the right person.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.