About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior Level experience
Role: Linux System Engineer
Industry: Martech, Enterprise Software, Agile Software Development
Company type: Private
Location: Remote. Occasional travel to our Towcester office will be required.What we are looking for
We are looking for a Senior Linux System Engineer to work within a collaborative team focused on maintaining and scaling up our production infrastructure. The successful candidate will work as part of a team focused on site reliability, security, and scalability, as we manage our rapid growth.
You will be involved in all aspects, from helping us to maintain our on-prem solutions, define and implement AWS/Cloud infrastructure best practices, evaluating different approaches, to hands-on implementation, and planning continuous improvements. To thrive in this exciting environment we imagine the System Engineer to be a proactive and driven individual, who excels at understanding and working on complex technical solutions that have large scale.Responsibilities
- Work closely with the operations team
- Implement security projects on various server and networking platforms
- Installation, monitoring and maintenance of hardware and software
- Writing of scripts to automate jobs/processes
- The security, stability and uptime of production, staging and development environments
- Monitoring the above environments and reacting to alerts and issues that may arise in day-to-day operation of their product line
- Participate in an on-call rota for priority-1 level alarms with the rest of the Ops team
- The maintenance of network, server and storage assets in data centre and cloud environments
- Ongoing upgrades and improvements to infrastructure and processes
- Contribute to the planning of application/infrastructure releases and configuration changes
- Interact with internal teams and external 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- 5 years+ experience in Linux system administration supporting a production environment (ideally comfortable with Debian or derivatives)
- Scripting in at least one language (bash/python/php)
- Understanding of the LAMP/LEMP stack
- Experience with networking and security concepts
- Experience with deployment and debugging of complex applications
- Experience with MySQL database administration
- Experience with cloud-based services & virtualization
Technologies in Stack
- Mail deliverability and troubleshooting
- Mailserver management (PowerMTA)
- Firewall management (pfSense) - basic TCP/IP rules, NAT forwarding, VPN configuration
- Hands-on data centre experience
- ZFS storage
Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, Cloudfront, etc.), LEMP stack, PowerMTA, pfSense, Zabbix, Grafana, Proxmox, Graylog, DataDog, EdgescanPlease note:
Candidates can work remotely within Ireland. Occasional travel to our Towcester office will be required.About Xtremepush
Xtremepush is a world-leading customer engagement, personalisation and data platform. It's purpose-built for delivering mobile-first, multichannel customer experiences.
It enables businesses to acquire new customers and communicate more effectively with existing customers through automated, real-time and relevant messaging. We enable hundreds of leading enterprise brands to drive customer engagement and increase revenue.
Founded in 2014, Xtremepush headquarters are in Dublin with offices in the UK, US, and Eastern Europe.
Xtremepush employs 80+ staff to provide a wide range of services spanning; Sales & Marketing, Account Management & Services, Customer Support and Software Development.