At Proportunity we make home ownership possible!
Buying a home used to be an important step towards a financially stable future. Open to almost everyone. Today, for those without extraordinary earning power (or access to the bank of Mum and Dad), getting on the ladder, in a decent place, is near impossible. Especially in cities like London. If you're lucky enough to be on the ladder, it's not as easy to climb it as it used to be either. The result? Renting has become the new (depressing) normal for under 35 year olds. A generation of young people are locked out of the property market, meaning they're locked out of a future of financial stability too. We don't believe it has to be this way.
Our team works to create a product that home buyers love, providing them with insights and tools that helps them buy a home with confidence. We turn data into quantifiable insights that help home buyers make smart informed decisions, while at the same time providing them with financing solutions to help them own a home they love sooner. We analyse large amounts of data from various sources in multiple formats to understand how the real estate market evolves over time, and take a peek into future growth.
We don't expect anyone to have all the answers, but we should have a plan how to get closer to answering them. We like to learn, adapt and share knowledge with the team.About You
Our company is looking for an analytical professional who thrives on the chance to decipher data systems. As the data manager, you will oversee the development and use of company data systems, and guarantee that all information flows to and from the company in a timely and secure manner.
The perfect candidate will have a strong aptitude for technology, a growth mindset, and possess excellent troubleshooting skills. To excel in this role, you should have both strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge in Python >= 3.7, with hand-on experience with the following packages and frameworks
- Data-science packages, e.g. numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.
- Google client libraries
Good knowledge of software engineering, e.g., TDD, API REST, CI/CDAdvanced knowledge of GCP services
- BigQuery and CloudSQL (mysql and postgre)
- Cloud functions, cloud run, Google App Engine
- Cloud build for CI/CD
Advanced knowledge in containerisation, i.e. creation and maintenance of DockerfilesResponsibilities
- Develop and implement procedures for effective data ingestion and management
- Maintain and grow our data lake with the incorporation of new data sources, both structured (SQL) and unstructured (no-SQL)
- Be an enabler for our Data Science team, helping them with their continuous model deployments, data versioning, etc.
- Establish and maintain a data model which is suitable for reporting
- Regularly monitor and evaluate information and data systems that could affect analytical results
- Oversee and manage staff members in the daily use of data systems
- Guarantee adherence to legal and company regulations
- Continually develop data management strategies
- Assist with recognising and upholding digital security systems to protect private data
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 3+ years' experience in data analysis, data manager or data science.
- Ability to decipher and organise large amounts of data.
- An analytical mindset with good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms.
Full-time with flexible hours
5 weeks vacation
Fast-growing startup culture
Encouragement of personal projects and creativity
Employee stock options