Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it's baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced part qualified Financial Analyst to join the finance team at Hovis HQ in High Wycombe. You will be part of a dynamic team with instant exposure to different areas of the business. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager for GL & Treasury, you will be responsible for the forecasting and reporting of the Group's Cashflow and will be a key support on month end reporting and financial accounting activities, including audit, tax returns and statutory accounts preparation, with opportunities to be involved in other areas of Finance as you progress. You will be supported in your journey by a genuine and helpful team.
This is a great opportunity to join a unique business, which has an established brand, private equity backing and an entrepreneurial mindset. The Finance team is an integral and trusted part of the Hovis business and we will be looking for a collaborative, positive and energetic individual to join our friendly and supportive team. Key Accountabilities
- Lead the bi-annual forecasting of cashflow, reviewing and consolidating inputs from others and advising on overall cashflow KPIs.
- Manage the month end process to ensure reporting of cashflow is accurate, and variances to forecast are understood
- Working closely with your line manager to ensure a smooth period close process, supporting more junior members of the team where required.
- Support the interim and annual statutory audit, taking responsibility for providing information and answering auditors' queries for agreed areas.
- Gain an understanding of the processes and procedures for the Treasury function and provide cover when required
- Support on the preparation of the monthly VAT return and tax pack information for the annual Corporation Tax returns.
- Providing support to the Senior Finance Leadership team and other business teams as required
Why work for us and our benefits:
- Finalist/experienced PQ or recently qualified Accountant - ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload in order deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Team player with positive attitude
- Credibility to liaise with senior management
- Ability to work to deadlines while providing accurate results.
- Self-motivated and wanting to make a difference
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
- There is a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
- Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
- We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
- We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
- We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.