Are you passionate about languages, education and technology and want to work in one of the world's best EdTech scale-ups? Then join us and be part of an ambitious and talented team that revolutionises how we learn languages.About Us
At Busuu, we believe amazing things happen when we learn together. This belief has led us to develop the world's largest language learning community with over 100 million users from 190 countries, growing at up to 30,000 new users per day. Our product offers the best way to learn a language, with human interaction and courses created by experts, all powered by smart learning technology.
We're looking for a creative social media specialist with the drive and experience to transform our social media presence. Working within the Brand team, you'll play a pivotal role in earning reach and engagement globally, translating our highly engaged community of language learners from inside our product to the outside world.The Role
We are looking for a marketing copywriter to join the copy function at Busuu. Working across marketing channels, you will take a customer-centric approach to creating copy across all branded touchpoints. You will be able to create consistent and compelling stories that entice new and existing users to engage with our platform.
You will be a guardian of our tonal identity and help inform how we communicate with prospects and learners alike, across every touchpoint, at all stages in their journey. You will work closely with localisation, marketing, design, research, and education teams to assist in building a consistent brand experience that engages and inspires our learners.
You will also have the opportunity to join a growing design and copy team in an exciting and thriving EdTech industry. Most importantly, you will positively impact the lives of millions of people - inspiring them to learn together with Busuu.What does a Copywriter do at Busuu?
You will work closely with our marketing team to turn campaign ideas into channel-appropriate creative iterations. You will maintain our flexible and consistent communication style that can adapt across all brand touchpoints and develop copy in a wide variety of formats for use across marketing, social and brand advertising. You will work on projects across the entire learner lifecycle, from pre-acquisition to free trial and loyal learner.
What we're looking for from a Copywriter at Busuu...
In return, we will ensure that you have
- 4+ years of experience writing copy for brand advertising and marketing.
- Experience writing copy for CRM, paid social, organic social, print collateral, display, PPC and web.
- Able to translate abstract concepts into digestible copy.
- You can create impactful, concise and clear messaging that informs, engages and helps our learners effortlessly navigate through their learning journey.
- Some experience writing for UX is advantageous.
- Your copy will have the ability to support and comfort our learners as well as challenge and motivate them.
- Experience localising copy for different markets and languages is also advantageous.
- You get a kick out of helping your team understand the value of excellent copy.
- You understand the importance of maintaining momentum in projects, challenging your team and others to move at pace and release value to our learners fast and often.
- You enjoy collaborating to improve and develop our brand and our product as well as the culture within our team.
- You have broad knowledge and a deep understanding of copywriting methodologies, techniques and tools.
- You approach copy in a way that works cross-platform and cross-device.
- You write for systems, not for screens in isolation and understand that creating consistency throughout the entire lifecycle helps to build the learner experience.
What Happens Next
- Flexible working hours. If you prefer early starts, late finishes
- Private health insurance
- Monthly & quarterly company team events, Friday socials, and other activities
- Training budget, so you can learn more in your field, attend conferences and events that you find interesting
- Perkbox subscription with a lot of great benefits
- Weekly office yoga
- Pension contributions
- We love animals; if you have a furry friend, feel free to bring them with you
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- A well-equipped London office with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late (when we're back in the office)
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for the Copywriter role is the following five steps
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps
- Let's chat - Quick chat about your experience and the role
- Portfolio review - You will be asked to prepare a selection of case studies and present it in the interview
- Copy challenge and meet the team - You will be asked to participate in a copy challenge and present to the team.
- Final stage interview - A last values interview with the CMO