Are you a control systems engineer looking for a new challenge where you can contribute to critical projects, and develop your skills and experience along the way?
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to support our rapidly expanding Glasgow team. Whilst the role is based at our Glasgow office it will include a hybrid approach to working, with time spent in the office and at home.
You will work within a team to design, build, test and implement industrial control systems (both hardware and software), utilising Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) software packages and Industrial Network solutions. They will also be involved in the configuration of PC software packages to provide user interface and data processing functions, the integration of software packages using standard protocols and custom developed software/scripts. You should be willing and able to work across our offices and on client sites throughout the UK if required. The role will involve:
You will have:
- Designing, developing, programming and testing of mission critical innovative solutions under the guidance of more experienced Engineers.
- Working as a key team member resolving hardware and software challenges for assigned solution areas.
- Designing and configuring cyber-secure infrastructure and communications between solution components using industry standard protocols.
- Developing a thorough understanding of ITI's operational procedures and ensure compliance with both internal and external standards.
- Assembly supervision and electrical testing of solution hardware under the guidance of experienced Engineers.
- Installation and commissioning of solutions on customer sites.
- Providing support and mentoring for more junior engineers.
You will be:
- Basic understanding of electrical system drawings, including GA's, Wiring Schematics and Termination Diagrams.
- Good fundamental electrical knowledge and ability to understand/interpret system drawings.
- Sound grasp of general IT/OT Technologies and development methodologies.
- Awareness/understanding of Quality Management System procedures.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating System configuration and lockdown.
- Knowledge of network switch and firewall configuration and network management packages.
- Electrical & Electronic or Electrical or Software Engineering degree (min 2:1) or similar qualification.
- Undertaken a structured project delivery lifecycle.
- Experience with software development and configuration tools, methods and processes.
- Experience with Siemens or Rockwell range of PLCs/HMIs / DCS / Drives (desirable).
- Commitment - a responsive, 'can do' attitude - Flexible, co-operative and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Collaboration - work collaboratively and inclusively - Not afraid to admit mistakes
- Innovation - challenge the norm to make a difference - Proactive with a continuous improvement desire & an enthusiastic learner
- Integrity - always act responsibly and with integrity
- Excellence - strive to continuously exceed customer expectations.
- Safety & Security - demand the highest levels of safety and security for all
ITI recognise the need for a diverse workforce and we are committed to equal opportunities in employment.
ITI employees and candidates who apply to work with us will be treated fairly and valued equally. All job requirements fit the needs of the business and those who work in it, regardless of age, disability, race, nationality, ethic or national origin, gender, religion, beliefs, sexual orientation, domestic circumstances, social and employment status, HIV status, gender reassignment, political affiliation or trade union membership. If you want to be trusted to make a difference, and enjoy the rewards that come with successful work, join us!