Finance Manager + Equity | Venture Capital Backed Tech | London
Harmonic are proud to be working with one of the UK's fastest-growing tech businesses on an exciting newly created Finance Manager position.
This role is one of the most exciting opportunities in the market presently and will see you joining one of the quickest expanding companies in the E-commerce/Tech space who have raised a market-beating Series A fundraise of c. £115 million to support their continued growth. As well as joining a mentored position which will see your personal development grow as the company does, you will also be part of a team well on their way to Unicorn status (unicorn is a privately held startup company valued at over $1 billion) which is a huge milestone for British businesses to achieve (other business at this stature are Revolute / Starling Bank / GYM Shark / Brew Dog etc) .
You would be responsible for building and managing a team from the ground up as well as having great peer support from the Head of Finance and Finance Director who have track records in growing businesses. Currently the finance function is outsourced so this would be one of the first major project you'd be involved in at a company which will be pioneering the way in terms of building out modern finance systems which are not just great for core accounting but which will integrate with the commercial aspects and key data insights.
The company culture revolves around collaboration and creativity which is mirrored in their stunning architecturally designed offices in London which are easily accessible by tube. The business is Founder led and there is a great entrepreneurial spirit and belief amongst the team.The Role
The Finance Manager role will collaborate with the Head of Finance to deliver on the core accounting including:
What you need:
- Support Head of Finance in closing the monthly management accounts
- VAT returns and Year End accounting
- Support with year end audit and take ownership of audits into the P&L for business our client is looking to acquire
- Management of and reporting on incoming revenue streams from third party platforms
- Supporting development of board pack materials
- Continued improvement of processes and systems. Our client currently uses Xero and will be migrating to NetSuite.
- Management of transactional finance teams - AP (accounts payable) and AR (accounts receivable) which are outsourced
- Support of projects to bring outsourced functions such as AP / AR inhouse
- Continued improvements with the Head of Finance over the controls
- High level commentary of the Management accounts
- Lead of inventory reconciliation
- Management of staff expenses - debit/credit card reconciliations
- Manage VAT for the UK / Imports Tax
· Qualified ACCA / ACA / CIMA
· Hands on finance experience and adaptability to work in a business actively going through transformation and positive change
· Passion for fast-growth businesses / SMEs
· Excellent communication skillsWhat we'd like to see (not essential):
· Experience of having worked in a business which works with Stock / Stock controlling experience will be looked upon favorably
· Experience with a fast-growth Series A start-up would be advantageous
· Experience in brining a finance function in-house would be favorable
· Netsuite experience would be desirableWorking arrangements:
3 days in their offices / 2 days from home (flexible or hybrid working model)Availability:
1 months or lessSalary:
£55-65 k + equityPlease feel free to circulate this amongst anyone who you believe may be interested in this opportunity.Please get in touch with Dan Cohen firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0203 773 3530Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ