Costa Coffee - Central Finance Analyst
The Central Finance Analyst is a key member of the Costa Central Group team, the role is responsible for delivering the accurate accounting of central overheads, providing business performance/external reporting data to the Global Functions team as well as managing and monitoring compliance with the key controls for the GL team. A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we're on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don't settle for mediocre. We've come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation. A bit about the role...
Reporting to the Inventory, FMCG and Central Manager, you'll own and manage the periodic accounting of central overheads (c£90m expenditure) providing clear and concise cost insight to the central & commercial function, including month end reviews, management and communication of related risk and opportunities and subsequent reporting to departmental heads / budget holders.
A bit about you...
- Ownership of appropriate controls contained within the Financial Control Framework (FCF) and to be implemented SOX controls.
- Assist the BU Financial Controller with overseeing the development and management of the UK financial control framework.
- Co-ordinating and ensuring completeness of the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process and subsequent production of the month end control file and balance sheet report across all Costa finance functions.
- Manage the journal review process and ensure accurate reporting to the BU Controller.
- Provide support on external & internal audit queries
- Support the inventory manager with journal postings and balance sheet reconciliations as required
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
What we can offer...
- Graduate-calibre part qualified accounting - ideally a finalist (ACMA, ACCA, ACA) with strong academics
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, you're good with data and strong attention to detail
- Good technical knowledge of IFRS and accounting standards.
- Experience of working under pressure in a fast paced and changing environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels with finance and non-finance colleagues
- Ability to drive forward opportunities to continually add value through process improvement.
- Experience of reporting and control in a multi-site hospitality or retail business, (working in a SOX environment would be the ideal)
We're on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
Location: Dunstable Bedfordshire, but we're OK with you working from home if you're OK to travel to our Head Office for team meetings when required.
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.