Grant Accounting CoordinatorLocation:
City of London or Home-BasedContract:
Fixed-Term Contract (18 Months); Full-time.Salary:
£35,000-£37,000 per annumClosing date:
13th September 2021Morgan Hunt are proud to be supporting a fantastic International Not-for-Profit organisation that seeks to promote better standards in cotton farming and practices. They operate in over 20 countries and partner with high profile retailers such as H&M, GAP, IKEA and Levi Strauss.About the role
This position is within the Finance Team and is 80% focused on grant funded programmes and 20% focused on the charities other grants. This role will report to the Senior Grants Accounting Coordinator. If the charity secures contracts with other major donors in the future this role will be expected to adapt to report on these grants.Responsibilities
Supporting the Senior Grants Accounting Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
Qualifications & Experience
- Ensure financial management of grants in coordination with the project teams and the Senior Grants Accounting Coordinator.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines.
- Prepare accurate, timely quarterly financial reports as per donor's requirements.
- Maintain accurate accounts and allocation of expenditure, ensuring adequate supporting documents for all expenditure.
- Monitor grant expenditure in collaboration with the Project Coordinator and highlight variances to the Project Coordinator.
- Prepare funding requests to the donor and monitor grant income.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure that required procurement processes
- Recognised Bookkeeping or Accounting Qualifications (AAT, CIMA etc)
- Demonstrated experience in grants financial management and compliance with contracts (in particular with donors contracts)
- Demonstrated experience in financial reporting to donors
- Experience in audit preparation and coordination
- Experience of working in both not-for-profit and profit-making organisations
- Experience of producing internal reports on the financial situation of the project
- Experience working with international organisations
If you feel you have the required skills and experience for this opportunity, please apply.