Senior/Principal DevOps Engineer, London
We regret we are unable to sponsor candidates working visas so only candidates with the necessary permits to work in the UK/EU will be considered. The role is permanent and can be remote from anywhere in the UK/EU or in-house in London.Project Description
One of the world's top investment banks has decided to migrate its infrastructure to Azure. The bank has more than 1000 different applications and the development teams which support those applications are mostly not well familiar with Azure, so they need some help. It was decided to build a team of Senior DevOps who would consult and help application development teams to migrate to Azure. The DevOps team will also build a repository of widely used artifacts (scripts, knowledge base, etc.) to facilitate migration and reuse some components in different projects.
While migration of individual applications to Azure might take a few months, the entire initiative will span over a few years, as many applications need to undergo significant upgrades before migration to Azure is possible.Responsibilities
Skills Must have
- Accelerating teams' adoption of cloud, delivering the 'firsts' (build deploy pipeline, containers, database, logging, monitoring, security), delivering an end to end slice into production and drive strategic architecture on public cloud services.
- Co-delivering/consulting and upskilling other application team members to implement the foundations for success
- Applying best development and DevOps practices and effectively utilizing technologies to reduce the teams' efforts required for Azure migration
Nice to have
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (preferable) or other major cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Advanced skills in container orchestration management with Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools, like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, TeamCity etc.
- Experience in working with Git and repositories (Github, Gitlab)
- Practical skills in Infrastructure-as-code, using tools such as Terraform, ARM or CloudFormation
- Confident Linux user with the ability to develop shell scripts, etc.
- Familiarity with agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
English: B2 Upper-IntermediateSeniority