Member of the Operation Security Services team to deliver an effective proactive security function. Ensuring that all day-to-day activities (data backups, server & device patching, antivirus deployment, monitoring & alerting, incident response, vulnerability management, change control, availability & performance management of the security management platforms) are carried out within a controlled and compliant framework.
Person specification skills
• Windows server
• Virtualisation technologies
• SAN/NAS Technologies
• Cloud technologies - (Azure/M365)
• Backup technologies - Veeam, SRM, Commvault
• DR, failover and BCP technologies and processes
• PKI process for internal and external security
• Anti virus deployment across multiple devices - Webroot, Defender, Sophos
• Server, Device and Application patch management processes and software - WSUS, WPP, Barramundi
• iOS switch management.
• Platform monitoring for all infrastructure touch points - PRTG, SCOM
• Knowledge of Infrastructure component catalogues
• Be a self-starter, be able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks and work well under pressure with limited supervision both individually and at times, with other team members.
Day to Day tasks
• Monitoring for the entire group.
• SEG and DLP management
• Vulnerability monitoring management and remediation - Tenable, Rapid7, Nessus, MS security centre
• Automation of patching where possible
• Penetration testing and remediation for the group
• Storage and Backup management
• Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of network incidents.
• Understand the customer needs, service, business impact of loss of service.
• Be an ambassador for IT
• Play a significant role in customer escalation management process, including out of normal working hours
• Resource planning to meet service commitments.
• Adhere to company working practises and policies.
• Lead by example (foster a positive working environment encourage self-awareness and continuous improvement in all that we do.)
• Understand and ensure adherence of team to processes and procedures.
• Advocate standardisation and automation
• Recognise broken process and identify solutions.
• Identify improvement opportunities.
• Be an expert in the technology competency of the group.
• Maintain awareness of the technology market and product roadmaps.
• Identify improvement opportunities, through technology enhancements and automation.
• Ensure that technology is fit for purpose.
• Be able to articulate service line in writing and verbally, in formal and informal settings.
• Understand the business model.
• Understand service cost drivers and optimise resources to streamline cost base to strive for affordable service delivery.