YouGov Chat is a new way for the public to share their views on the topics that matter.
Every day, we round up the biggest political and current affairs stories and ask the public to share their opinion.
Hundreds of thousands of people are now using YouGov Chat to stay informed, share their opinion and see what others have to say.Job DescriptionThe Role
YouGov Chat runs as a cloud native platform. We embrace a DevOps mentality in our processes and our team of developers takes full ownership of all development and infrastructure changes.
We are looking for a person to grow and develop our engineering talent at YouGov Chat.The Engineering Manager (EM) Will
- Work across multiple teams, helping engineers with their professional development
- Hire and grow the engineering team
- Help the teams ensure that the delivery is crafted to a high quality with strong attention to detail
- Partner with the Product Team to build and deliver the product roadmap
- Partner with engineering leads to drive technical initiatives that improve the engineering practices
- Responsibility for technically liaising with other YouGov teams, including communicating architectural decisions and delivering integration projects to a successful completion.
QualificationsWe're looking for
- Experience managing and monitoring the performance and development of software engineers
- Strong leadership and the ability to build strong relationships
- Previous experience as a software engineer at a senior level
- Cloud experience - AWS
- Experience and understanding of code testing methodologies
- Frameworks: Node.js
- Languages: Typescript
- Databases: MySQL, Kinesis, DynamoDb, Elasticsearch
- Ops: Docker/ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, Cloudfront, Terraform
Additional InformationWe value
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code-review culture
- A bias for action with a strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
- Sound judgment along with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working