We have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Control Supervisor to join the UK's largest specialist wine retailer! Do you have proven Credit Control Supervising experience within the Retail, Hospitality or FMCG Environment? Do you have experience managing a Team? If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you! The Role
As Majestic Wine Credit Control Supervisor you will be reporting to the Finance Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the credit control team, maximising cash collection and improving the customer experience.Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Approval and management of credit limits within company guidelines.
- Manage the team by coordinating workloads, coaching and setting, reporting KPIs, whilst maintaining team morale
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with customers, stores and Commercial teams.
- Development of processes alongside new systems to centrally manage credit account payment allocation.
- Ensure the timely recovery of overdue debt including Direct Debits and any legal action as necessary.
- Calculation of the Commercial provision and presentation to senior management.
- Complete monthly board pack for senior management.
Who are we?
- Previous credit control experience and line management experience required.
- Strong Excel skills
- Keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to influence, engage, and negotiate.
- Confident and ambitious, continually seeks opportunities to improve ways of working and able to develop tools and approaches to do this.
- Hands on - willing and able to work down at transaction level.
Majestic Wine is the UK's leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year. Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believes there is still a key role of a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division. Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic's 'strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection' when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.Job Specifics:
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office.
We are proud to offer a new Agile Working Policy for Support Centre colleagues; a blend of office and home working which will include a number of days working at the Majestic Office (post CV19 lockdown restrictions) We look forward to receiving your application! #ProudtobeMajesticNo Agencies Please
- We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.