Cyber Security Analyst Location: UK, Leeds
Thanks for checking out our job opening; we are excited that YOU are interested in learning more about NCC Group.
We are on a mission to make society a safer and more secure place. Our people are the ones who make that possible; a global community of talented individuals working together towards a safer future.
We aim to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We work together, we are brilliantly creative, we embrace difference and we want you to join in our mission, as
Take a look at our website here to learn more about why we're one of the leading global Cyber Security and Risk Mitigation business... https://www.nccgroup.com/uk/The Opportunity
We are specialists in SIEM, our services backed by our EDGE methodology built up through dozens of major deployments and hundreds of use cases with many of the UK's largest companies. We are the UK's largest DDI service provider and the leading integrator for Carbon Black, Splunk, Log Rhythm, Defender ATP and Azure Sentinel in the UK.
We provide a single point of contact for all of your managed security needs and can work with you to define and achieve you own individual security requirements. Our team of experts provide proactive monitoring and reporting, monitoring your equipment to ensure maximum availability and responding to calls to support change requests and helping diagnose system issues.
Read more about the services offered by the NCC Group Security Operations Centre here: https://www.nccgroup.trust/uk/our-services/security-consulting/managed-and-hosted-security-services/The Challenge
- Monitor global IDS, Network Intruder, Firewall, DDoS detection and mitigation, availability and SIEM platforms looking for potential threats, vulnerabilities and indicators of compromise.
- Provide Incident remediation and prevention documentation and recommendations to customers based on defined procedures and analyst experience.
- Document and conform to processes related to security monitoring procedures.
- Provide customer service that exceeds our customers' expectations at all times.
- Initiate escalation procedure to counteract potential threats, vulnerabilities and threat actors.
- Compilation and review of service focused reporting.
- Act as an escalation point for more junior members of the team, providing assistance and mentoring where necessary.
- Providing assistance to Senior Cyber Security Analysts on Threat Hunting engagements.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of SOC procedures and documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Experience / Skills
- Practical knowledge of security and networking toolsets such as SIEM, IDS, Vulnerability Management,
Availability Monitoring, packet capture and other threat detection technologies.Essential Skills
- Pre-existing, in-depth knowledge of common network protocols.
- Pre-existing, in-depth knowledge of Windows and Linux based operating systems.
- Experience in the extensive analysis of common security incidents.
- Ability to stay calm in highly sensitive and high pressure incidents.
- Experience with LogRhythm, ArcSight or Splunk is desirable but not required. Certification
The following certifications are desirable, but not a requirement. Successful candidates that do not possess these
certifications may be tasked with working towards them at the beginning of their employment:
- CREST CPSA / CRIA / CMRE / CNIA / CHIA
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
- Degree in related field.
- Other relevant certifications.
Please do not hesitate to apply.About your application
We review every application received and will get in touch if your skills and experience match what we're looking for. If you don't hear back from us within 10 days please don't be too disappointed - we may keep your CV on our database for any future vacancies and we would encourage you to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other suitable roles.
We are a global expert in cyber security and risk mitigation, working with businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape. With our knowledge, experience and global footprint, we are best placed to help businesses identify, assess, mitigate & respond to the risks they face. We are passionate about making the Internet safer and revolutionising the way in which organisations think about cyber security.
Headquartered in Manchester, UK, with over 35 offices across the world, NCC Group employs more than 2,000 people and is a trusted advisor to 15,000 clients worldwide.
If your skills and experience meet the needs of the role requirement, we will endeavour to respond to every application within 10 working days. However, if you haven't heard back from us within this timeframe on this occasion your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, but please do continue to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other more suitable roles.
*** Please note that this role has background clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work NCC Group does. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the vetting process ***