A market leader and well-known brand operating within the areas of Cyber Security, supporting government and businesses around the world, is looking for bright, enthusiastic and talented individuals to work as software engineers in one of their embedded software teams, based from their offices near Guildford. Relevant industry experience is preferable but most of all we are looking for committed individuals with a strong academic background and the ability to learn quickly.
We have a range of roles available, from graduate entry through to experienced engineers and developers. You will be responsible for:
You will have:
- High performance application design and development in C++ and related languages.
- Developing and deploying software which typically includes low level development (eg real-time software, drivers, embedded software etc.) and requires an understanding of the underlying hardware systems.
- Managing technical tasks/projects and people
- Customer-facing delivery, sometimes to challenging deadlines.
- Customer-facing technical consultancy
- Working towards gaining the experience required to take technical lead roles.
- A strong academic background typically in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics, or with proven experience in a software engineering position
- Broad interest in wireless technology, embedded systems and awareness of latest industry developments.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent team working abilities
- Understanding of low-level computing concepts
- Embedded C or C++ experience
- Development on and for Linux based embedded systems
- Range of other development skills, including Java, HTML5, React/Redux, Python, GDB
- Modern software development methodologies such as Agile and Test Driven Development
- Proven track record of successfully delivering high quality software solutions
- Understanding of radio communication systems and concepts
You'll receive a very competitive salary (offers relate to level of experience) and other benefits including car allowance, bonus, pension and life assurance. In addition, there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note these roles require UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
If this opportunity could be of interest we would suggest an initial confidential conversation to discuss the opportunity, your interest and any initial queries you may have; please apply using the link provided.