Regional IS Manager EMEA
An exciting new role as Regional IS Manager - EMEA has recently been created to join our award-winning company as part of a continuing transformation of Information Systems (IS) services across the Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG). The role will provide leadership in the EMEA region for the WMFTG IS organisation.
The WMFTG Group IS organisation is currently involved in several major transformational projects across its infrastructure and business application landscape as part of on-going work, and recently launched a new business strategy.
The role is to provide leadership and management of a regionally based team to deliver the full range of WMFTG Group IS services aligned with the business priorities. The role will have line management responsibility for several internal employees and will see you liaising with stakeholders across the EMEA region, so excellent people management, communication and problem-solving skills are essential.The role will focus on:
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Leading the IS Agenda for the EMEA region through authentic and inspirational leadership from both a strategic and an operational level, establishing followership from the teams across 20+ countries.
- Engaging with the key business stakeholders to understand the business needs, priorities, and expectations, and working with them to create mutual benefit.
- Ensuring the smooth running and compliance of all technology services, including cloud, business systems and end points, educating and supporting the business.
- Having a sales commercial understanding and continuous improvement approach when evaluating user requirements and system functionality to ensure all IS/IT services meet these needs
- Ensuring that regional services are being delivered to the agreed standard and quality
- Being the point of escalation for regional sites
- Managing a team of analysts and support specialists to deliver services in the region
- Contribute to the budget planning processes
- Managing the full lifecycle of products and services in the region
- Keeping up to date with new technology trends
- Working with the region to ensure compliance to group policies
- Deploying security platforms to protect the business systems and data from unauthorised use
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical challenges
- Exceptional people leader, communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills, and a passion to inspire, educate and engage with teams from different cultures
- Experience working in a commercial setting with global teams in multiple countries, in a multi-site multi-platform environment (specifically working in a sales environment with sales teams as a bonus).
- Demonstrable experience in creating excitement about and engagement with IT/IS, and the ability to educate teams, simplify complex IT processes/language, and improve processes and experiences for operational (sales) teams.
- Substantial, demonstrable expertise in direct team and matrix people management
- Demonstrable project management skills
- Detail-focussed and analytical mind-set
- A can do and proactive approach with a desire to continually improve ways of working and processes.