Are you passionate about DevOps? Are you excited by building a new toolset using the latest container and serverless technologies? If it's a yes to all of those questions, then we want to talk to you - Policy Expert is expanding on its award-winning success with new products, opportunities, and partnerships.
Policy Expert is the UK's number 1 rated home insurance provider. We're an InsurTech company built in the cloud, driven by excellence and data, with a no blame culture. An approachable team, with many years of expertise and knowledge in a wide range of domains. A strong sense of teamwork, but also autonomy, and room to grow, learn and teach others.Requirements
What You Will Find Here
- Experience in working with Cloud infrastructure is a requirement. Ideally, you will have worked on AWS and have knowledge of core service such as IAM, EC2, VPC, CloudWatch, S3, Route53, RDS, ELB/ALB, ASG/LC, Lambda, ECS/Fargate.
- Building Tooling with a scripting language (python,bash), to enable developers to automate, configure and deploy more efficiently in a microservice based architecture.
- Experience with a 3rd level object oriented programming language such as Java or C# a strong preference but not required
- Develop Infrastructure as code following the same strict software delivery practices as the rest of the tech team including pair programming, code reviews, test coverage where and whenever possible.
- Ensure compliance and best practice across multiple AWS accounts and regions.
- Use configuration management tools (Puppet or equivalent) to create stable, testable and repeatable infrastructure as code. Working knowledge of Linux is a must have.
- Undertake continuous security monitoring, review and improvement across all Cloud infrastructure.
- Use dynamic secrets management to secure microservice based architectures. Vault experience useful but not required.
- Evolve current tooling while being mindful of longer term objectives.
- Work with development teams to troubleshoot Staging and Live issues.
- Maintain and improve CI/CD build tools and pipelines. Teamcity useful.
- Play a key role in the selection process of future platform architectures (Containerisation and/or FaaS. (Docker and AWS Lambda). Scheduling frameworks such as AWS Fargate or other, and advanced service discovery (LinkerD, Envoy, AWS App Mesh).
- Experience in container technologies is not essential but an eagerness to learn is.
We run a relaxed, fun, open and honest environment, with trust and professionalism a must. We value of work / life balance, and all our team members enjoy flexible working hours and working from home.Who Will You Be Working With
A collaborative bunch of approachable developers, with many years of expertise and knowledge in a wide range of domains. Perhaps surprisingly, none of the development team has an insurance background, and it's not a requirement of the role. An environment of mutual trust between development and business, with a 'we are all in this together' attitude. We are told over and over again our hiring approach is relaxed and enjoyable.Benefits
- Flexible working approaches like work from home
- Fruit, breakfast, and drinks provided
- Social events through the year
- Private medical cover with Vitality
- Travel season ticket loan
- Training and education through LinkedIn learning and Plurasight.
- Access to selected London O2 events and use of a Private Lounge.