Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled, leading edge test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our R&D team as a System Test Engineer. In this role you will work as part of our multi-discipline product design teams to develop and execute system level tests to qualify our virtual and physical network impairment emulation products for launch.
This role is particularly suited to an enthusiastic Test Engineer who has experience of test design, execution and automation within cloud environments.Key Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining test environments with physical and virtual equipment
- Creating test plans from software and hardware product requirements
- Developing and documenting automated and manual test suites
- Executing system test cycles prior to product release
- 'Customer centric' testing encouraging a whole-team responsibility to product quality
- Recording test results and working with the design engineers to resolve issues
- Contributing to test methodologies and environments
- Educated to Degree level in a subject such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong willingness to learn the products and their application and experience of having done so for complex products before
- Setting up and testing in cloud environments.
- Ability to develop and execute both manual and automated tests and their environments
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks or programming/scripting experience. Python is advantageous but a broad experience in programming is equally good.
- Inquisitive and detail orientated
- Ability to work closely with others in a multi-discipline team and respond to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Packet based networking, OSI model, packet structures and Ethernet protocols.
- Web UI testing over different browsers using technologies such as Selenium, XPath & CSS
- Web API protocols such as REST and HTTP protocol
- Continuous Integration e.g. Jenkins, GIT
- Knowledge of product development models such as waterfall and iterative development.
- Use of a Test Management Tool such as TestRail
- Defect reporting tools such as Bugzilla or JIRA
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
Calnex are licensed to sponsor under the Skilled Worker Immigration route - (A-rating).