Due to continued growth in the Interconnectors & Cables (I&C) market and within Xodus' client base, we are looking to add to the team through recruitment of an engineering consultant who is on a development path in the subsea cables sector; someone able to deliver from engineering and offshore operations perspectives but also develop existing and new tools and systems to maximise efficiency, accuracy and, ultimately, value for clients and their projects.
The I&C team has a broad and varied portfolio, providing the opportunity for a new team member to be involved in some of the latest UK and International subsea cable system plans, routes and investments; this includes power interconnection, offshore renewable energy and the energy transition.
In the past 5 years this area of Xodus' business has been on a very strong growth trajectory and this is planned to continue. Our client base includes equity investors, offshore renewable energy and interconnector system owners, the offshore supply chain and government supported organisations. We provide services throughout project lifecycles and in areas such as environmental and permitting, engineering design studies and modelling, project and package management, operations and maintenance, and specialist studies and services, including expert witness and due diligence.
The I&C Team sits within Xodus' Renewables Division.ROLE SUMMARY
- Engineering and Offshore Operations technical specialist on a variety of I&C and Renewables consultancy projects around the world ranging from planning and design through construction/installation, O&M and specialist studies. This will include project delivery, technical leadership on some scope elements and as Project Manager on projects suited to the post-holder's skills and capabilities.
- Maintain and grow client relationships on project works and in support of the I&C team.
- Provide technical insight for proposals and, where appropriate, lead proposal delivery.
- Engage with our I&C innovation commitment to bring new systems, tools, products and services to realisation
- Support the development of colleagues from within the I&C team, the Renewables team and from other teams / disciplines contributing to I&C projects (Environment, Subsea, Decommissioning, etc).
- Be committed to your own professional development in line with your personal aspirations and aligned with those of the business.
- Support day to day I&C management activities, where appropriate.
- Work within proposal and project teams to successfully deliver high quality and value outcomes.
- Bring innovative thinking to innovation projects whether internal or for clients.
- Project work is likely to be varied and an array of technical skills will be considered; however, the successful applicant will have robust experience of subsea cable engineering and/or operations delivery.
- Actively seek to be involved in the development of I&C technical services, products, procedures, tools and technical resources. We have several ongoing innovation projects, examples include; automation of burial risk assessment and AI systems for cable route engineering...but we don't rest there. The successful applicant will be expected to support and, potentially, reshape these innovations based upon their own experience and ambitions. Some of these are potentially significant for the industry so innovative thinking is important.
- Assist with the production of papers and articles for publication in peer reviewed journals and technical publications. Attend conferences and, where appropriate, present original papers and technical presentations.
- When required, provide subsea cables related training to the Xodus team as appropriate for development of knowledge across the different disciplines. This is most likely to involve some formal training, such as technical time-outs, and informal assistance and guidance on a project basis.
- Provide Quality Assurance on proposals and project deliverables as suited to your experience and capabilities.
- Develop your own professional development plan alongside your line manager.
I&C Team Support:
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCES
- These skills include (but are not limited to) motivation, enthusiasm, effective time management, good initiative and planning ability, good communications, excellent technical delivery and an enthusiastic outlook.
- Understand roles of our colleagues to provide support and cover as required and appropriate.
- BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc Engineering or Science Degree
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a relevant subsea / offshore role
- Experience in the offshore power (interconnectors, renewables) sector (varied experience is desirable)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High computer literacy in MS Office
- Experience in international project development
- Flexibility to adapt to varying requirements sometimes at short notice or to be undertaken at the same time.
- Team player comfortable working highly effectively with colleagues and clients. We work collaboratively across the business and with our clients, so a strong team ethic is required.
- Client focussed, taking responsibility for efficient value-adding delivery.
- Innovative and creative with the ability to shape concepts realistically.
- Commitment to professional development, personally and across the team.