Our client, a multinational information technology service and consulting company, are currently seeking a number of experienced Front End Developers
to work on a contract basis to join their Application Modernisation Services practice. Initially the contract will be 6 months in duration (With a view to extend)
and will allow for remote working
however will require infrequent travel to the customers site in Leeds (approx. twice every 6 weeks).The Opportunity:
Our client is expanding the capabilities in the Public Sector to work with their customer on the digital transformation journey.
The developer will work as part of a multiple disciplinary team ensuring the accelerated establishment of a DevOps culture & capabilities across our clients, as well as supporting more traditional applications development and support.
The role holder will work alongside DevOps engineers, application architects and cloud architects with clients to understand their requirements, propose solutions, oversee the implementation and then provide continued advice and guidance to the delivery teams once up and running. The role will also assess and uplift skills and support the embedding of new practices in the teams to further the client's digital journey.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
Signs of success
- Technical elaboration of client requirements and low-level solution design
- Implementation of Front End systems for our clients
- Quality assurance and code reviews of existing codebases
- Participation in release management
To be successful in this role, you'll need a combination of experience, proven skills and personal attributes. See below to find out if you're the person we're looking for. The role will be expected to travel to customer and the clients sites UK wide; working from client/office/home locations as appropriate. Flexible working arrangements will be available.
Our pride in offering dynamic solutions reaches further than our clients because we understand that our success comes from the heartbeat of our company; which is ultimately our people. We encourage those who may need a more agile approach to the structure of their working day to apply; we are always willing to discuss flexible options where we can.Skills we can't do without:
In addition, we are looking for candidates who have:
- Continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Version control (Git & GitHub)
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Oracle Databases
- Worked within or led multidisciplinary teams in an Agile and DevOps environment.
- Experience delivering solutions confirming to Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Problem-solving skills and ability collaborate with developers to overcome development and operational issues.
- Wider experience in Front End web development frameworks
- Experience of in one or more of these languages, Python, Ruby, Node.JS and Go.
- Qualified SCRUM Master
- Qualified in and experience delivering SAFe programmes
- Experience defining the security enforcing measures to meet client's stringent security requirements, including OWASP top 10 and authorisation technologies.
- Proven experience of implementing unit testing of software, behaviour-Driven Development and/or Test-Drive Development.
- Background in the development of Restful Web Services.
- Use of public cloud & API services to deliver applications.
- Understanding how to build observable applications.
- Experience working in Central Government, Military or Police accounts.