Who we are looking for
A Software Development Technical Lead who will bring new ideas and creativity to help the team reach its technical aspirations.
The Back Office Members team is responsible for the development and maintenance of tools and systems, covering customer account management, messaging, withdrawals and encryption. Our technology stack is Microsoft (.NET Framework/Winforms/SQL), however we are currently in the early stages of a new architectural journey to evolve our Microsoft stack with .NET Core and Web UIs whilst also introducing Go.
We are looking for someone to bring their ideas and creativity to a well-established team to encourage innovative solutions and lead by example. You will be working alongside our existing Technical Leads who are responsible for providing technical guidance, mentoring and governance to a large team of technical professionals. We want you to be passionate about your code and systems with a real sense of ownership and empowerment.
This role is eligible for inclusion in the Company's hybrid working from home policy.Preferred skills and experience
- Extensive commercial experience with .NET (VB/C#), MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Winforms applications and APIs.
- Software design and secure coding principles.
- Good communication skills and a keen eye for detail are essential.
- Experience of working with high availability, multi user n-tier, distributed systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of Git/GitLab.
- Designing and delivering efficient and scalable enterprise class software solutions.
- Performing quality assurance reviews.
- Supporting and governing clean coding practises.
- Identifying technical areas of improvement.
- Supporting the Development Manager and Team Leaders by taking full ownership of technical tasks.
- Supporting product owners as required.
- Creating work effort estimates.
- Working to become a subject matter expert in our domain.