We're on a mission to build the world's greatest social bank. We believe that banking needs to change for the better. When money is used correctly, it can transform our daily lives and positively impact the planet.
We are a multi-disciplined team of experienced technology, banking, customer experience, marketing, and legal professionals who share a passion for the company's mission and believe in a collaborative approach to creating the greatest social bank. We are building a diverse team of inquisitive people who want to understand customer needs and behaviour so we can develop innovative products that change people's lives for good.
We are looking for a passionate QA engineer who thrives on seeing products being delivered in a bug-free and continuous way. If you have experience in testing mobile apps and APIs end-to-end, we are looking for you!What You'll Do
RequirementsYou'll get to work with a variety of new and interesting technology
- Create test case and test scripts (for manual and automated testing)
- Execute end-to-end test plans on our mobile apps (iOS and Android), including integration testing with third-party providers
- Log bugs and issues
We mainly use the following tools and technology but you don't need to have experience with all of them. Many of us didn't when we joined! Our focus is always on finding the right technology for the job, if you're willing to learn, we are interested in speaking with you.
You should apply if
- Clojure to write our backend microservices
- React Native and Redux for our mobile applications
- Kafka for our asynchronous message queue
- AWS for our infrastructure
- Docker to run our services
- Terraform for our infrastructure provisioning and deployment (IaC)
- Jira for planning and tracking
- You've worked in a QA or Testing team in a financial services organisation or similarly regulated environment
- You have experience testing mobile apps (iOS and Android) and APIs / microservices
- You have experience in creating test scripts (for manual and automated testing), and executing end-to-end test plans, including integration testing with third-party providers
- You have an eye for detail and love to find bugs and 'break' apps / flows
- You have knowledge of and experience in different aspects of testing e.g. accessibility, performance (load / stress), security etc.
- You want to work in a quality focused team that thinks about customers and colleagues alike and delivers bug-free, secure, performant and resilient products
- You'd like to be a part of building an inclusive and diverse culture in which everyone thrives
We do not expect everyone who applies to meet all the requirements. If you believe that you would be a good overall fit for the role, please do apply.BenefitsWhat we offer
- 33 days holiday (including public holidays). In addition, you'll also get your birthday on us.
- Options in our company scheme
- Personal Health days
- Access to our workplace pension with a 3% employer contribution
- All the equipment you need to work effectively, usually a Macbook Pro as standard.
- Access to a modern, bustling office in Holborn, Central London with a free gym.
- High degree of autonomy with support from an experienced and supportive team
- Room to grow and excel within a fast-paced, high grow growing start-up
- An ethically conscious company that is truly trying to change what's most broken about the industry
Currently the majority of Kroo is working fully remotely. Working remotely has changed many of our lives for the better and we are behind continuing the benefits of flexibility once restrictions are lifted. At the same time, we have a beautiful office in Holborn, which, when used for the right things, can be a useful and powerful tool. Currently, we see a blended model of working 1-2 days a week in the office, so candidates that are able to travel in occasionally are the best fit for our current working practices.Diversity
We are firmly committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace in which all employees are valued, respected, safe, supported, and listened to without judgement or prejudice. These principles apply to all, regardless of race or ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, religion, appearance, political beliefs, educational background, class, and position or tenure within the company. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are central to the direction we take at Kroo, and are considered across all aspects of our business.