Idex Consulting have been retained for a T&C Manager to join this successful, well-established International Wealth Management Company with an excellent record of success.The ideal candidate will hold strong Learning and Development experience within Financial Services and hold a strong understanding of the FCA rules and regulations.You will require in-depth knowledge of the UK financial planning legislation, with international experience being desirable.
This position will report directly to the Financial Planning Director and can be flexible working most of the time.You will be responsible for providing appropriate training and supervision of Advisers to ensure that all advice provided meets legal, regulatory and quality requirements and consistently demonstrate that suitable customer outcomes have been achieved. Key Responsibilities
Required Skills and Qualifications
- You will oversee all T&C supervision for regulated staff. This will involve file reviews, client meeting observations/roleplays and providing feedback.
- You will be responsible for the training and coaching of the advisory team, including compliance, soft skills and product areas.
- To conduct T&C visits across all product areas, determining the suitability of the advice given and highlighting areas for development.
- To act as a referral point for complex files or sensitive issues.
- To identify common themes and risks across the business in terms of development areas or knowledge gaps.
- To develop strong working relationships with relevant stakeholders across the business and any relevant third parties.
- To carry out any other duties related to T&C as may reasonably be required.
- To have delegated authority to ensure that the Money Laundering Regulations are complied with, and that office staff and advisers receive appropriate training at appropriate intervals.
- To administer, record and handle all complaints.
- To assist in the running of induction courses and other training courses.
- Draft, modify and implement company policies to ensure ongoing FCA compliance.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Liaise with Advisers, Admin, Operations and Paraplanning departments to ensure that practices and procedures remain current.
- Liaise with external paraplanning and compliance companies to ensure 100% compliance.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Significant practical experience in creating and managing Training and Competence schemes.
- Experienced in developing and coaching individuals.
- CII / PFS qualification, Level 4 Diploma- Essential, Chartered/AF7 desirable
- Supervisory qualifications such as H15, J07 or AF6 are desirable.
- 5+ years experience as a Training & compliance manager within a financial services firm.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry's standards and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- An analytical mind able to "see" the complexities of procedures and regulations.
In return you will receive an excellent salary and benefits package.