Laser Quantum is a world-class manufacturer of high quality solid-state and ultrafast laser sources. Our products are known for their reliability, compactness, performance-excellence and long operational lifetimes. You will find our products, with their patented technology, in laboratories and integrated into systems and machines worldwide, for numerous applications. Meeting the needs of each application is essential in the research and design to achieve exceptional lasers.
This job is responsible for the design and development of software for desktop PCs and firmware for laser controllers.Development Engineer (Software & Firmware)Key Responsibilities:
- Desktop software development and design using C#.
- Firmware development and design using C.
- To undertake work as per development processes, procedures and specifications.
- Creating Software and firmware technical documentation.
- Software and firmware testing.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- Strict compliance with the quality, occupational safety and environmental regulations.
- Implementation of the instructions of the quality / environmental management representative and the occupational safety specialist.
Particular aptitude/ personal attributes required:
- Minimum Degree in Computer Science, Physics or related discipline.
- Proven post graduate industrial experience.
- Experience of C# and .Net technologies.
- Experience of C and writing code for embedded platforms.
- Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience of Qt GUI development is desirable.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Good team player with the ability to work independently.
- Competitive salary + Annual Bonus.
- Pension Scheme.
- Healthcare Scheme.
- Flexible Working Hours