Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, supply chain, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, defense, automotive, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services. From jet engines, airframes, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cyber security, Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Belcan's unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years.
Our philosophy is to build an inclusive work environment to attract and retain talented people, encourage innovation, and inspire top performance from employees to achieve superior business results by putting people first. Overview of the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer to work for Belcan International, supporting over 500 users in Europe and Asia to deliver growth and value to the Belcan brand. The role will be based in either the Belcan Derby or East Kilbride office and will report directly to the Head of IT Service Delivery.
This is a new hands-on role, fully involved throughout technical design into day-to-day delivery, and will be split 50/50 across Business as Usual (BAU) and Project / Enhancement work. This will involve owning the infrastructure across the local sites and datacentres through the entire international business; ensuring the services are licensed, robust, scalable, and continuously available. Due to the business being highly reliant on service availability, it is imperative that all Incidents and service requests are resolved/fulfilled/escalated promptly, adhering to stringent SLAs and KPIs.
Belcan is constantly growing through acquisitions so expertise in a wide berth of technology is required to deal with desktop, server, Infrastructure, and Networking issues, whilst assisting with, and leading large-scale projects and maintenance across customer sites (including new) when needed.About You:
You must have a minimum of 5 years experience in managing infrastructure for large scale enterprises in either an internal or outsourced environment; and will possess the following capabilities:
You will possess the following technical skills:
- Configuration, support, and maintenance of Windows Server and OS
- Design and Support of Server Infrastructure e.g., VMWare, Hyper-V
- Leading large-scale projects such as Infrastructure refreshes, site migrations, etc.
- Traveling to the site to provide proactive and reactive IT Support when required
- Exceptional planning skills with proven ability to reprioritize appropriately
- Ensure all SLA's are met and root cause analysis is performed to address underlying Infrastructure issues.
- Act as a technical point of escalation and guidance for all aspects of the Belcan IT infrastructure.
- Accountable for all the company's services, you will be responsible for the availability, licensing, testing, release, and support of the Belcan Infrastructure.
- Support delivery of the IT strategy to modernize the business architecture with a focus to rationalize, consolidate, scale, Business Continuity as well as input to security.
- Keeping up to date with technology innovations that would further enhance the business and carrying out viability studies for their effectiveness to the business and present the results of your findings to the senior management team.
- To work in partnership with the business to design, support, and improve new and existing products across the business.
- Experienced at driving and managing 3rd party/supplier relationships, including holding delivery partners accountable to ensure that key timescales are adhered to.
- Willing to undertake ad-hoc tasks as deemed suitable by the business or management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high degrees of ambiguity arising from a period of significant change
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with technical and business resources
- Documentation such as Rack and network diagrams and maintaining up-to-date inventory list.
- Design and implementation of Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Plans (BCP).
- Experience in planning / implementing migrations from on-premises to cloud is desirable.
- Knowledge of domain migrations with the ability to set up cross-domain access from day one is highly advantageous.
- Windows Server and OS
- Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint
- Hyper-V, VMWare
- Active Directory, Group Policy, Azure
- Backup solutions including Commvault and Azure.
- Monitoring solutions
- Antivirus Solutions
- SCCM / WSUS
- Networking - configure, install, maintain
- DNS, DHCP, VLAN
- ITIL Foundation (experience / awareness)