ON is a fast-moving, design-minded technology partner - building compelling and high-impact digital experiences. We work with top-tier design studios and brands that value design and user experience, across a wide range of sectors.
As a fast-growing business, we're looking for talented developers to join our multidisciplinary team of technologists, designers, strategists and researchers.
We are passionate about delivering exceptional digital experiences and ensuring that the design vision of our partners is carried through to reality - in function, form and motion.
If that sounds like your cup of tea, we'd love to chat.About The Role
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- We're headquartered in London, we embrace flexible working, and are happy to accept candidates from anywhere in the UK
- You'll be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of technologists, designers, strategists and researchers to deliver digital projects for clients
- You'll report directly to our technical director
- It never gets boring - client projects can vary greatly in scope and challenge, and you can expect to rotate between projects at least one a month
- You'll have the opportunity to manage and mentor more junior members of the team
- There are many opportunities to grow and develop with ON - and many find hybrid roles to be very fulfilling
Role at a glance
ON is currently seeking an accomplished, technical and strategically-focused Senior Developer to join our multidisciplinary team. You will use a blend of your technical, commercial and system solution knowledge to deliver optimal results to our clients to deliver outstanding digital experiences.
We sit at the intersection of design and technology and value developers with a keen eye for detail, and design sensibilities. You will take ownership of the entire lifecycle of development and be able to convert designs into functional sites.Responsibilities
- Be involved in client meetings, to identify needs and requirements and manage solution development
- Prepare, plan, co-ordinate, lead and be responsible for the development and testing of websites and web applications
- Validate technical feasibility and estimates of proposed solutions
- Lead and direct teams and give guidance in resolving problems
- Contribute to the architecture and design of projects and strategic initiatives, with specific focus on user experience, usability, stability, and efficiency
- Build well-crafted and maintainable websites and web applications
We are looking for someone that is passionate about their craft, dynamic, and detail oriented. The kind of person who loves to problem solve and build products that they can be proud of.
The Ideal Candidate Would Also Have
- 5+ years of experience in coding commercially
- Excellent grasp of HTML and SCSS
- 2+ years of experience with React (and ideally with recent experience in Next.js or Gatsby)
- Good time management abilities
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of using git and team collaboration
- A can-do attitude, and happy to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Project leadership skills
- Experience of translating designs (e.g. Figma or Sketch) to working code
- Experience with mentoring junior developers
- Experience working with APIs, both from the frontend and backend
- Design / UX skills
- Basic to intermediate SEO understanding and skills
As part of a fast-growing team, we expect a lot from our team, but also make sure that you have the support you need to deliver and to grow - both personally and professionally. As well as working with a dynamic, diverse and multidisciplinary team, you get:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the company bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year, plus national holidays
- Remote working as standard
- We'll provide the latest Apple laptop and an external monitor along with any equipment you need to be comfortable working from home
- Work from home allowance, we'll contribute to your internet
- Funding and resources to continue professional development
- Additional benefits with each year of service
We are committed in our journey to eliminating discrimination, encouraging and valuing diversity amongst our workforce. We welcome enquiries from everyone.