Job Title Robotics and Flight Software Engineer
Location Bristol, UK or Athens, Greece
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven engineer to work with us in Bristol or Athens to develop a cutting edge drone for aerial inspections. The successful applicant will work alongside the existing Perceptual Robotics engineering team to design, refine, implement, and test the flight software of the system. This is an excellent opportunity to work on an innovative autonomous drone application, from flight testing through to industry demonstrations.
We are dedicated to building a workplace of the future and believe in equal opportunities and that diversity drives innovation. We are an inclusive workplace and we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, languages spoken, veteran's status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
The requirements listed below are listed to help you understand some of the challenges of the job, as well as opportunities for learning with us. We encourage you to apply if you think you can grow with us. Come and join the team and be part of our journey.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the Perceptual Robotics engineering team to identify system improvements and changes.
- Design, test and iterate the Dhalion inspection system flight code based on the identified requirements.
- Engineering/Robotics/Technical Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years academic or commercial experience in engineering / robotics
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or C/C++
- Confident with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Willing to take initiative - we're a small company, so we'll expect you to take ownership of whatever you work on
- Experience with complex robotic systems
- Experience with Linux/Unix systems
- Experience with Git version control, and Bash scripts
- Experience with one or more of the following algorithms SLAM, Stateflow, Trajectory Planning
- Digital Photography - DSLR or Machine Vision Experience
- Experience with one or more of the following autopilots Ardupilot, DJI Onboard SDK
- Experience with one or more of the following comms protocols Serial, PWM, TCP/IP
- Understanding of UAV vehicle dynamics
- Experience with vehicle kinematics and control of UAVs and / or Rovers
- Experience with UAV/Drone design, build and testing
- CAD user
- Experience with 3D printing
- UAV Piloting skills (multirotor)
- Drivers license and willingness to travel
What we offer
- No dress code formalities
- Flexible working hours, including working from home
- Annual training budget to develop your skills and career